Charlton forum

What does scare you is a rule that has no logical basis that you've made up? :lol:

Aye so we don't agree on this, us at Wembley with the run v's team I think are due a win v us this season. I'm not going to sit here and argue my point all day, I'm not the only one who gets my logic so I'm just going to leave it now. I hope after Sunday everyone can bump this back up and call me a knacker after we've won, no shame in having doubts marra, totally human thing to have.

It's one of the things I would look into when placing bets at the end of the season between top 6 side and the like, really didn't think so many would find it defeatist tbh, thought it was just normal thinking for evenly matched teams.
Happens a lot when ya get two teams playing each other a few times within a short space of time - one team wins the league game, the other the cup game and so on. It quite often pans out that way.

Have they? It was the opening day when we beat them and that was thanks to a last gasp header from Gooch. For a good hour or so of that game it looked very much like "fuck sake, here we go again".

They played well down their place and looked the more likely side.

I think they'll probably feel they're due a win against us, and I doubt anybody would be very surprised if they got one.

To be fair, at their place we should've had it wrapped up by half time.

I wasn’t concerned when I watched them against doncaster who pretty much battered them, the same Doncaster who could lay a finger in is a few weeks back.

Let them be cocky, same as Portsmouth they think they just need to turn up
I hope their team have the same attitude. They’ll get their arses handed to them.

Love this guy:

"Their smallest crowd of the season was bigger than our largest crowd of the season.
their average home attendance for the season will have been more than double ours
their average away following was 2,681ours was 984

they owe us for 1998 the greatest ever game and the footballing gods will repay them back , nothing will ever equal or better that .

we will lose , it’s only fair , don’t be greedy"

Aye so we don't agree on this, us at Wembley with the run v's team I think are due a win v us this season. I'm not going to sit here and argue my point all day, I'm not the only one who gets my logic so I'm just going to leave it now. I hope after Sunday everyone can bump this back up and call me a knacker after we've won, no shame in having doubts marra, totally human thing to have.
And perfectly understandable.

Love this guy:

"Their smallest crowd of the season was bigger than our largest crowd of the season.
their average home attendance for the season will have been more than double ours
their average away following was 2,681ours was 984

they owe us for 1998 the greatest ever game and the footballing gods will repay them back , nothing will ever equal or better that .

we will lose , it’s only fair , don’t be greedy"

It’s true....

To be fair, at their place we should've had it wrapped up by half time.
I was gonna ask if this was the game where Wyke missed a couple of sitters, but there were a few games like that... :lol:

I just remember hanging on in the second half after taking an early lead - but again, there's been quite a few games like that!

In the same post one of them has managed to say that we admit we don't have players as good as Taylor or Aribo but have a 'too good for this league' mentality...

How the fuck does that work?

This. We pressed them in that first half and they looked rattled. Doncaster done it to them on Friday and they looked shaky again. We need to have a go at them. Not just sit back and certainly not just lumping balls forward.
If they start with the hoof ball I’ll be bladdered by half time.

Back