Charlie Wyke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like he's he's been working hard in the off season to come back in good shape and it's showing. He's a handful for defenders and it's a good thing to have....I'd be making sure we get someone like him before the window closes in case he gets injured or falls out of form, we need that strength and height upfront in this league.

Can't understand the stick he gets sometimes. Tonight he done brilliant roughing up the defence, getting the ball down and bringing others into the game. Our first goal come from him doing exactly that if I remember right and I'm glad the lad nicked a goal no matter how scrappy it was. Really hope he kick starts and bags a few this season.

Can't understand the stick he gets sometimes. Tonight he done brilliant roughing up the defence, getting the ball down and bringing others into the game. Our first goal come from him doing exactly that if I remember right and I'm glad the lad nicked a goal no matter how scrappy it was. Really hope he kick starts and bags a few this season.

This thread is proof that some people don’t know what they’re looking for in a game mate.

I have openly stated how shit I think Wyke is on here and that I would not have him in the side. However, if he had played previously, the way he did tonight, I would not have said this.

Played very well tonight, chased and fought for everything and won more headers tonight than the whole of last season. Not a world beater by any stretch but an asset if he can keep fit and continue to play like that.

Fair play to him and a good portion of my words digested.

I hate that we seem to be attempting to be a long ball team when in theory we should have comfortably the better technical footballers, but Wyke is doing his part to make it work. Always grafts his knackers off and wins his fair share of challenges, could have a Kevin Kyle circa 2004 type season.

Cult hero potential.

Absolutely brilliant tonight.
The lad had absolutely shite luck last season, that injury at the start of the season ruined his season.

He lead the line very well tonight, up top on his own. Won pretty much everything and brought others into play. Given the right service he’ll score a lot of goals in this league.

He'll be a key player for us this season no doubt about it. His record is good at this level. Just hope he can stay fit and sharp as love the way he grapples with centre half and can hold it up.

Perfect for this league, puts himself about and has found his scoring touch again. Old fashioned CF lumps are still of quality in L1, long may he continue to do the business.

Pleased for him that he got his goal. Battled well in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back