Charlie Wyke

He did well last night. He's not the best player in the world but I thought the criticism of here last season was slightly over the top.

What frustrates me about him is when he'll bulldoze a couple of defenders and leap high in the air to win a header one time, then the next two/three he'll just stand there backing into the defender and making little effort to win the header.

I can't believe how people get confused between actually being shit, having zero ability to do their job at the level they are at and their form being shit because of their fitness, injuries, confidence etc.

It's a good job most of you on here are not scouts for SAFC, but on the other hand maybe you are :lol:

Not all to do with fitness, injuries or confidence imo. Last season he spent more time focusing on wrestling the defenders, rather than focusing on the ball, holding it up or even jumping to win headers, let alone actually winning them...and was shit. Last night he did all of those things and got a goal to boot. Long may it continue, whatever has brought about the change.

Didn’t he score from outside the box down there last season?
Aye, his last three goals away from home in the league are all at Rochdale. Last night's goal, the one outside of the box that you mention and one for Bradford towards the end of his last season there.

The problem is that refs never give him the lickings of a dog. Every f***ing defender hauls him down and the refs ignore it every single time.

If we got free kicks for even a quarter of the blatant fouls on him, the knock on effect would get us so much more in control of games its untrue

Aye Charlie Wyke looks a lot stronger and sharper than he did last season.Well taken goal last night. He is challenging the back line when the long ball goes up which puts the opposition defense on the back foot my only issue is our Midfield aren't winning the second phase from this often enough.I hope we get to see more of Dobson when oppo teams set up to play physically in the middle but i guess thats what Max Power is there for.
Anyhow good luck to Charlie for the rest of the season, I think he will do very well if he keeps his work rate up.

Back