Charlie Cresswell (rumour)

Fingers crossed the squad is looking something like this in a couple of weeks. Would need an additional striker on top of Broadhead and possibly another full back.

GK:
Anthony Patterson
Daniel Iversen?

RB:
Trai Hume
Carl Winchester

CB:
Daniel Ballard
Charlie Cresswell?
Bailey Wright
Danny Batth

LB:
Dennis Cirkin
Niall Huggins

CDM:
Corry Evans
Luke O’Nien
Jay Matete
Dan Neil

RM:
Lynden Gooch
Patrick Roberts

LM:
Jack Clarke?
Elliot Embleton

CAM:
Alex Pritchard
Jack Rudoni?

ST:
Ross Stewart
Nathan Broadhead?
Huggins is a left footed right back isn’t he or I have I made that up? Even still we need a rb signed and a cover left back.

He’s a right footed right back who ended up playing left back loads for Leeds u23s. Definitely a right back though.
Aye, that’s the ticket.
He is right footed predominantly but is comfortable on his left. The lad doesn't have a preference as to which side he plays on, just as comfortable on both
He looked quality away at Wigan in the league cup so hopefully he’s on the mend. Regardless we need cover at full backs. I’m happy Gooch has signed a contract but absolutely do not want him starting.

Last edited:
Aye, that’s the ticket.

He looked quality away at Wigan in the league cup so hopefully he’s on the mend. Regardless we need cover at full backs. I’m happy Gooch has signed a contract but absolutely do not want him starting.
Aye Gooch will be very useful but shouldn't be starting like you say. Can cover numerous positions and runs for the shirt all day

It’s a strange one to why we didn’t get him last season considering he probably would have played, surely they’d rather he was with us than not playing again but it’ll be interesting, can’t say I know much about him but very highly rated
I don't think Bielsa wanted him going out on loan. Some coaches prefer to keep their players in their set up rather than a loan which might see them playing a different style.

Spoke to a Leeds supporting fella at work today and he reckons Cresswell is class, doesn't understand him going out on loan again.

With three centre halves on the books, none of whom seem a very natural fit at fullback or have searing recovery pace, I think I’d prefer a different type of player as the last one. A Sanderson / Willis type of player rather than another one similar to what we already have - even if cresswell is a very promising player.

Aye Gooch will be very useful but shouldn't be starting like you say. Can cover numerous positions and runs for the shirt all day

Strange logic, I would be delighted if he’s starting because he would have continued to improve and will he keeping good players out.
There is a lot of people assessing our team assuming they can’t step up and improve. I think a few players will surprise some fans.
A lot of it is Coaching of course, but I can’t see why many players can’t step up as Reid’s team did after his second promotion.

Strange logic, I would be delighted if he’s starting because he would have continued to improve and will he keeping good players out.
There is a lot of people assessing our team assuming they can’t step up and improve. I think a few players will surprise some fans.
A lot of it is Coaching of course, but I can’t see why many players can’t step up as Reid’s team did after his second promotion.
Not really a strange logic - just an opinion that differs to yours. He is very inconsistent and has been over our 4 year stint in league one. He should not be starting in the second division, but like I say I think he will be useful over the course of a 46 game plus season and play his part in intervals. If we do not recruit better than Gooch I'd be very very disappointed in the recruitment team.

This. Excellent post.
Not really a strange logic - just an opinion that differs to yours. He is very inconsistent and has been over our 4 year stint in league one. He should not be starting in the second division, but like I say I think he will be useful over the course of a 46 game plus season and play his part in intervals. If we do not recruit better than Gooch I'd be very very disappointed in the recruitment team.
So Gooch is not a good enough player to start games, but is good enough to be “… useful over the course of a 46 game plus season …” ?

Now that is ‘strange logic’.

Last edited:

Back