CC : Warwickshire v Durham

When a team uses 8 bowlers, you know it’s pretty shambolic. Pretty sure their wicket keeper (Burgess) bowled
Strange tactics from Warwickshire, batted us out of the game in terms of winning but did the same to themselves.
Totally agree hence I was happy on Saturday after day two. Had every faith they would bat it out and an absolutely embarrassing pitch

Last edited:
Just watched the 10 minute highlights and taken everything into account cracking innings from Potts.
Our late middle order looks very capable with the likes of Potts Raine Carse and Coughlin. Now just got to take a few wickets.
@The Red Telephone when we getting the next thread?

Undefeated so far, can't grumble at your effort for the cause.
Don't rush him he will be preparing his preamble.

Last edited:
As mentioned above, maybe we declared.
Even if we didn’t, and they were pretending it was 5 o’clock, it would still have to be mutual, so we must’ve agreed to it. Not them being grumpy at all.

I think that’s a decent draw, and I don’t agree necessarily that Warwickshire’s tactics were negative. I’d say we were more likely to lose than not overnight. That was a good rearguard on the fourth day. It’s a creditable eight extra points. I don’t think a contrived chase would have been the right option for them after they were so dominant on days one and two.

Aye.

I think you have to be prepared to lose to win on placid pitches, very negative from Warwickshire
It was up to Warwickshire to force the game and once they in my opinion got arrogant, Durham only had one option and on the whole we dealt with it relatively comfortably. It's a shame a game couldn't be made of it but Durham did what they had to.

DURHAM CC 2024 STATS AFTER WARWICKSHIRE (A) :

Most Runs - Matty Potts - 193
Most Wickets - Callum Parkinson - 2
Most Maidens - Matty Potts & Scott Boland - 2
Most Overs Bowled - Callum Parkinson - 40
3 Wickets - 1 Catch (33%) - 2 Bowled (67%) - 0 LBW (0%) - 0 Stumpings (0%) - 0 Run Outs (0%)
Highest Partnership - 7th Wicket v Warks - Raine & Clark = 122
Most 50s - Ollie Robinson - 2
Most 100s - Matty Potts & Alex Lees - 1
Most Runs In a Game - Matty Potts - 193
Most Catches - Ben Raine - 1
Most 4’s - Matty Potts - 22
Most 6’s - Ben Raine - 5
Extras For - 33
Extras Against - 17
Fastest 50 - Ollie Robinson - 51 Balls (Strike Rate = 98)
Fastest 100 - Matty Potts - 173 Balls (Strike Rate = 58)
Tosses - Won 1 - Lost 0 - No Toss - 1
Points Gained - 19 (+11)
Point Deductions - 0 (+0)
Runs Scored - 810 (+810)
Avg 1st inns Score - 517
Results - Won 0 - Drew 2 - Lost 0
Declarations - 0

MILESTONES

• Highest Individual Score - Matty Potts - 149*
  • Alex Lees - 10,000 First Class Runs
  • Most Expensive Bowler Return - 2/206
  • David Bedingham - 3,000 First Class Runs for Durham
  • Ollie Robinson - 1,000 First Class Runs for Durham

When a team uses 8 bowlers, you know it’s pretty shambolic. Pretty sure their wicket keeper (Burgess) bowled

Totally agree hence I was happy on Saturday after day two. Had every faith they would bat it out and an absolutely embarrassing pitch
More to do with the ball than the pitch I reckon. When every game in the championship is drawn and the one common denominator is the ball it says a lot. Although that short boundary just made the whole game look a bit of a farce

Back