CC : Warwickshire v Durham

Arguing with a Warwickshire fan who claims we didn't make a game of it and said we should have got to 400 quicker to make a game of it :lol::lol:

Must be as intellectually challenged as Rob Key.

If Warwickshire truly wanted to make a game of it, they could gone back in to bat on the third evening and set us a total.
said warwickshire fan now claiming it was a proper pitch :lol: :lol:

Is this person the Warwickshire groundsman?

Our late middle order looks very capable with the likes of Potts Raine Carse and Coughlin. Now just got to take a few wickets.
All well and good carse and coughlin batting but they need to be wicket taking, no use getting runs but wicketless and going for 7 an over.

Neither get in our strongest side for me

Doubt if Bas would be risked for 2nds today if he was in plans for Kidderminster.Both Carse and Bas are far too inconsistent to play both.

I think that's a bit unfair on bas. Sure he's only played a small sample size (8 FC games according to cricinfo) but he's better in pretty much every metric except economy and even that's close. and i would bet any money carse has trended in the wrong direction over the last few years there

edit: i don't disagree overall about playing both, or that he is their pick, it seems obvious carse is. i'm just saying it's the wrong choice.

I think that's a bit unfair on bas. Sure he's only played a small sample size (8 FC games according to cricinfo) but he's better in pretty much every metric except economy and even that's close. and i would bet any money carse has trended in the wrong direction over the last few years there

edit: i don't disagree overall about playing both, or that he is their pick, it seems obvious carse is. i'm just saying it's the wrong choice.
Yes, it shows a worrying lack of depth in our bowling resources.

There may be a case to be made that the pitch wasn't to blame as much as the ball & boundary combination. I didn't watch a huge amount of the game mind so i don't know but both of those where huge factors. Defensive pushes were going for 4 ffs
I didn't watch much either but I think is maybe possible. IF the very short boundary got into their heads, which it shouldn't do, then maybe they overcompensated playing safe and result in socring opportunities on both sides of the wicket.
Depends what macalindon is like this year. Also the likes of Gibson, Killeen etc.

I've given up on carse and coughlin but hopefully they'll prove us wrong.
They seem to have faith in Gibson and he took wickets in the pre-season so maybe he's going to come goo despite my previous doubts.

Last edited:
Arguing with a Warwickshire fan who claims we didn't make a game of it and said we should have got to 400 quicker to make a game of it :lol::lol:
Tbf we scored a lot slower than them in our first innnings but the onus was on them the force the win given the position they were in. Perhaps if they had declared 100 or so runs earlier then they would have had more chance of a result.....Durham cant be blamed given the match situation
Tbf we scored a lot slower than them in our first innnings but the onus was on them the force the win given the position they were in. Perhaps if they had declared 100 or so runs earlier then they would have had more chance of a result.....Durham cant be blamed

Back