CC : Warwickshire v Durham

Interesting to see where Pottsy’s nightwatchman century stands on the record books. I think there’s only been 6 made in test cricket. Gillespie of course got a double.

Seen a lot of negative comments aimed at Durham on Friday when it was crystal clear it was a pathetic pitch/boundaries/ball. A lot of the criticism unjustified without looking at the bigger picture such as the conditions etc. Durham have done bloody well here and it once again demonstrates how solid we are as a squad to dig in and basically do bloody well. Always wise to judge when both have batted on such game situation like this one which has been utterly embarrassing

Clark looking iffy here
Pottsy has played some exquisite shots
I didn’t know he had it in him
Only one false shot now made

Last edited:
We’d be absolutely fuming if we let a nightwatchman score 133 against us :lol:

Fantastic knock though, hopefully the first of many because he’s a much better batsman than his FC average would have you believe.

Effectively 91-6 here, with 19 minutes left before the final hour starts - having spin on for 98% of the day has effectively bought Warwickshire extra overs.
Has this commentary got the beginnings of dementia.
I hope not but he has called us Glamorgan twice

Could do, yesterday he announced “Potts in to bowl” when he was batting.
Seen a lot of negative comments aimed at Durham on Friday when it was crystal clear it was a pathetic pitch/boundaries/ball. A lot of the criticism unjustified without looking at the bigger picture such as the conditions etc. Durham have done bloody well here and it once again demonstrates how solid we are as a squad to dig in and basically do bloody well. Always wise to judge when both have batted on such game situation like this one which has been utterly embarrassing

Well said.

It’s easy for me to say in hindsight, but at no point in this game have I been overly worried about us losing - even when we slipped to 2 down last night following on - because it’s obvious that this track is absolutely terrible for bowling on and I just felt that Warwickshire would run out of time even without any rain delays.

Only question now is whether Warwickshire offer their hand to our batsmen at 17:00.
Tudor infamously missed out on one.

As did Luke Fletcher against us, we were all fuming he got anywhere near it :lol:
Surely were there now

12 minutes before they can offer the handshakes but it feels very much like it. Lead now into treble figures, 4 wickets left.

Last edited:

Back