CC :: Durham v Worcestershire

Lunch:

Durham 80-2 (29 overs) Lees 30*, Bedingham 21*.

Pretty even contest, looks a decent enough batting track aside from the odd creeper.

Lunch:

Pretty even contest, looks a decent enough batting track aside from the odd creeper.
I went out for my daily 'gentle exercise' around 10. Sun was out in Consettshire and I would have called it as a batting day. Surprised I got back and Leach decided to bowl. I presume the fog takes a lot longer to burn off on the Severn

Lunch:

After being put into bat quite happy with that score. Hopefully it gets easier this afternoon and we can kick on from there.

Tin hat on, but aside from that ton at Chelmsford, Borthwick has been poor since his return. Its like he's forgotten how to bat at CLS. Lees using soft hands leaving anything outside off stump alone, Borthwick goes in hard hands prodding outside off stump and nicks off. His bowling is rank, two full tosses an over. Captaincy a bit conservative, has let things drift with second or third innings tail and not used himself enough as change bowler (although understandable considering he hasn't held down an end). Bancroft was a great skipper in 2019, I was disappointed he didn't get the job again.
I thought he might struggle to begin with as the CLS wicket has been a different beast these past four seasons to the one he left when he left for Surrey in 2016.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt so far- after all Bancroft lost his first four CC matches in charge in 2019 and scored the vast majority of his red ball runs away from the Riverside.

Capital G for God please!!!😱
Team and live stream

Quite satisfied at 80 for 2 .
I want these two lads to carry on all afternoon
On the point of the above the matter is one of grammar not religiosity.Names should always be capitalised ie when naming an old roman god such as Jupiter that should be capitalised as a naming word and as the Christians diety’s name is God that should also be prefixed by a capital letter as a naming word

Quite satisfied at 80 for 2 .
I want these two lads to carry on all afternoon
On the point of the above the matter is one of grammar not religiosity.Names should always be capitalised ie when naming an old roman god such as Jupiter that should be capitalised as a naming word and as the Christians diety’s name is God that should also be prefixed by a capital letter as a naming word
Hey,you must be riveting company to sit next to at games. Put the deckchair casuals into the raconteur category😔

I thought he might struggle to begin with as the CLS wicket has been a different beast these past four seasons to the one he left when he left for Surrey in 2016.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt so far- after all Bancroft lost his first four CC matches in charge in 2019 and scored the vast majority of his red ball runs away from the Riverside.
That team had some average players (Richardson, Harte, the Steels, Clarke etc) and Iirc Lees was captain for one of those matches. Bangers had immediate credit in the bank from his RLC centuries. Borthwick isn't going anywhere. The club have made a clear commitment to him. Just pointing out he hasn't been very good.

Wasn't aware that it had changed in the last 4 years and Badger has certainly proved he could bat on it. Just wish he's realise he can't bowl on it.

Back