CC :: Durham v Worcestershire

brandon

Striker
Starts Thursday, with Notts and Warwickshire on a rest week we have the chance to go top of the group with a win against a side who have so far drawn every single one of their five games :eek:

I noticed Sean Dickson scored a century for the 2’s last week and considering the talk on commentary during the last game was that it was Will Young’s last chance to make some runs, added to the clubs initial report he was coming for 3 games, which he’s now played - I’m wondering whether we may have a slot to fill in the side before Bancroft arrives (heard nowt to say he is here yet?) and completes his isolation period.

Aside from that, injuries notwithstanding its hard to see any justification for changes. Hopefully Woody is still available to us.

Starts Thursday, with Notts and Warwickshire on a rest week we have the chance to go top of the group with a win against a side who have so far drawn every single one of their five games :eek:

I noticed Sean Dickson scored a century for the 2’s last week and considering the talk on commentary during the last game was that it was Will Young’s last chance to make some runs, added to the clubs initial report he was coming for 3 games, which he’s now played - I’m wondering whether we may have a slot to fill in the side before Bancroft arrives (heard nowt to say he is here yet?) and completes his isolation period.

Aside from that, injuries notwithstanding its hard to see any justification for changes. Hopefully Woody is still available to us.
Why didn't we play last week?

Us and Derbyshire only one in all groups with a game in hand.

Weather being terrible may have helped us mind as would have been pretty much a bit washout. So may give us a chance of a win when we do catch up.

Last edited:
Why didn't we play last week?

Us and Derbyshire only one in all groups with a game in hand.

Weather being terrible may have helped us mind as would have been pretty much a bit washout. So may give us a chance of a win when we do catch up.
Rest week. Just the way they’re doing it, everyone gets a week off along the way.

Will Young staying for 1 more game good news @brandon

Squad v Worcestershire (13-16 May)

Scott Borthwick*, David Bedingham, Jack Burnham, Brydon Carse, Paul Coughlin, Ned Eckersley, Ben Raine, Chris Rushworth, Matt Salisbury, Liam Trevaskis, Alex Lees, Stuart Poynter, Mark Wood, Will Young

Will Young staying for 1 more game good news @brandon

Squad v Worcestershire (13-16 May)

Scott Borthwick*, David Bedingham, Jack Burnham, Brydon Carse, Paul Coughlin, Ned Eckersley, Ben Raine, Chris Rushworth, Matt Salisbury, Liam Trevaskis, Alex Lees, Stuart Poynter, Mark Wood, Will Young
Obviously not a case of Will Young having to leave right now....sorry folks.:oops:
Weather forcecast isn't looking great for the 4 days.
Yeah you can set your watch by the weather in CLS this past week - dry and sunny in the morning and heavy rain showers from 3pm onwards with more to follow.:evil:

Let's hope it improves for the 27th.

Last edited:
Still persisting with Coughin, clearly our lead high performance coach has a low threshold of what he considers high performance.

Last edited:
Still persisting with Coughin, clearly our lead high performance coach has a low threshold of what he considers high performance.

In fairness to him, he bowled some genuinely rapid and hostile spells on an otherwise benign deck against Derbyshire. Was unlucky not to have had better figures IMO.
Quote “Cameron Bancroft’s arrival into England was delayed due to visa issues and therefore the Australian’s first game will be against Derbyshire on Thursday 20 May.”

f***ing Brexit :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not sure why they have named a 14 man squad for a home match but if everyone is fit I would imagine it would be an unchanged XI from Warwickshire game.
Although even after a thumping win not the XI I would pick.

In fairness to him, he bowled some genuinely rapid and hostile spells on an otherwise benign deck against Derbyshire. Was unlucky not to have had better figures.
Made the batsman duck and weave occasionally in his 1st spell but there's a 4 ball freeby every over which takes the pressure off. Far too inconsistent -He's 28 , past the stage of hinting at promise.
Potts is 22 and a genuine prospect and is being overlooked at the cost of Coughlin. My concern is we could lose him.

Made the batsman duck and weave occasionally in his 1st spell but there's a 4 ball freeby every over which takes the pressure off. Far too inconsistent -He's 28 , past the stage of hinting at promise.
Potts is 22 and a genuine prospect and is being overlooked at the cost of Coughlin. My concern is we could lose him.

He’s been nowhere near the team so far, after starting in the friendlies - an odd one for sure.

Not sure why they have named a 14 man squad for a home match but if everyone is fit I would imagine it would be an unchanged XI from Warwickshire game.
Although even after a thumping win not the XI I would pick.

Backup batsman, backup seamer, spin option.

Seems to me like the skipper will have his XI in his mind already but the 3 extra offers cover in all areas in the event of someone getting injured in warm-ups or if the conditions dictate the requirement of a spinner.

Back