CC :: Durham v Sussex

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not, I know what you mean

Borthwick was excellent in the 20/20, front line wicket taker, had to a degree in the 50 over stuff

Too many bad balls in the 4 day stuff but he has talent

I think he is so young for a spin bowler he should not give it up

It's why surrey was such a bad bad move for him, it's set him back quite a distance, they were barely bowling him in 20/20 by the end

Utterly bizarre decision by the lad
The Oval is a far better place to bowl spin at than the Riverside. The simple fact is that in competition against better spinners he did not get a bowl, but even at Durham he was not getting much of a look in in the championship and Pringle was bowling a lot of his overs. Most of the time in the championship matches he just got milked, not the first leggie that will happen to and certainly not the last. Its his batting that has collapsed at Surrey.

Good morning lads, so the last day of the season at home today. Set up to be a cracking day of cricket - in a game that has been a great advert for four day cricket.

Time for Jennings to sign off with a decent performance, if he or anyone of the top 4 make a decent score (70/80) that should see us home.

He did it regularly (what felt like every game!) last season, but since the Gloucester game we've not seen it all season.

Hoping among hopes to get atleast an hours worth of play in today, but that's only if work allows :neutral:

He's not, I know what you mean

Borthwick was excellent in the 20/20, front line wicket taker, had to a degree in the 50 over stuff

Too many bad balls in the 4 day stuff but he has talent

I think he is so young for a spin bowler he should not give it up

It's why surrey was such a bad bad move for him, it's set him back quite a distance, they were barely bowling him in 20/20 by the end

Utterly bizarre decision by the lad

That was what I was saying .... but I'm starting to have doubts, he's 27 y.o. now and his 28th will be at the start of next season ..... Mason Crane and Steel both a lot younger.

I reckon he thought his bowling would improve .... going from CLS with hardly little spin to a sun baked oval track.

** should be able to get down today .... this season has been gash attendance-wise, too many days I couldn't make it and when I could too many of them was crappy weather.

I'm heading down for the start but will have to leave around 14:30, would have been a brilliant morning if we could have it sewn up by then :)

Sussex will have it sewn up by then :eek:

Getting skittled by shit like Whittingham and Garton is ptettt painful like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back