CC :: Durham v Sussex

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
Starts tomorrow, 10:30, weather permitting.

Working in CLS today and it's very chilly, winter is definitely on it's way and I think some of the Sussex boys will be keen to get themselves back down south sharpish in this one!

They absolutely tanked us down at their place, but as many have said here in recent weeks, we've come a long way in a short space of time and I don't think there's any team we should be wary of going up against.

Sussex can still mathematically gain promotion, but realistically that ain't happening - their captain Ben Brown did an interview last week which pretty much confirmed that they're already resigned to another season in Division Two.

Expect a squad announcement later today - hopefully Wood has shaken off whatever it was that troubled him during the Kent game. Expect a pretty much unchanged lineup, Lewis seemed to hint at us seeing Arshad before the season ends, if the rumours of him leaving are true then I reckon we've seen the last of him.

Hopefully be able to get to see some of this one, it seems like no time since the opener in April, weather will probably be similar atleast! Apart from that, the fixtures and structure of the season have been f***ing shite. That's what we've come to expect from the muppets running county cricket though, isn't it?!

Ha'way Durham

Durham (from): Paul Collingwood, Keaton Jennings, Tom Latham, Cameron Steel, Graham Clark, Jack Burnham, Michael Richardson, Ryan Pringle, Brydon Carse, James Weighell, Graham Onions, Chris Rushworth, Josh Coughlin.

Sussex are resting Nash, Robson and Wiese, while Ben Brown is injured. Their squad - Luke Wells (captain), Jofra Archer, Danny Briggs, Michael Burgess, Laurie Evans, Harry Finch, George Garton, Chris Jordan, Ollie Robinson, Phil Salt, Stiaan van Zyl, Stuart Whittingham, Luke Wright.

Last edited:
good to see carse back in the squad.

Jennings, Latham, Steel, Burnham/Clark, Collingwood, Richardson, Pringle, Weighell, Carse, Rushworth, Onions

that looks right, toss up between burnham & clark really.

good to see carse back in the squad.

Jennings, Latham, Steel, Burnham/Clark, Collingwood, Richardson, Pringle, Weighell, Carse, Rushworth, Onions

that looks right, toss up between burnham & clark really.
Clark got to be retained after last match surely. To be honest why play Colly,even he admits they are patching him up to get through the season. Why not rest him if he is staying on for next season.

Clark got to be retained after last match surely. To be honest why play Colly,even he admits they are patching him up to get through the season. Why not rest him if he is staying on for next season.
Fair point .... he won't bowl anyway and it's maybe worth letting the rest get on with it, Colly won't be around forever they might as well have a ponder what that will feel like.

personally think clark has consistently out performed burnham but i know he is highly rated. suspect you are right.

collingwood is god so obviously he plays. i don't mind him resting to be fair, give jennings another captaincy crack.

was very surprised to see collingwood bowl over in pakistan.

i guess they felt sorry for him after he never got a bat the whole time :lol:

Deprived of our natural environment me and the 20 other Blue Seat Stand regulars will storm the Co.Durham Upper and 'take it' in half a minute.:cool:

Either that or a day enduring the moany old farts in the Don Robson.:evil:

Haway The Lads!!

never noticed this, sure it will be breezy mind so they shouldn't linger too long

Hopefully be able to get to see some of this one, it seems like no time since the opener in April, weather will probably be similar atleast! Apart from that, the fixtures and structure of the season have been f***ing shite. That's what we've come to expect from the muppets running county cricket though, isn't it?!

Ha'way Durham
Couldn't agree more marra, the FTECB and their counterparts seem determined to shoehorn more white ball cricket into the schedule thus pushing the four day game more into the background (in my opinion).
Their philosophy is that white ball cricket is what the masses want and they believe it's attracting a new audience to the game, on a personal level it's having the opposite effect, pushing the four day game to the extremes of the season and spectating in your thermals and winter woolies (honestly) is not appealing.
Me and Mrs Carlton are off down to Worcester at the weekend for the season closer and I'll be packing the wintergreen and Kendal mint cake.

Working in CLS today and it's very chilly, winter is definitely on it's way and I think some of the Sussex boys will be keen to get themselves back down south sharpish in this one!

They absolutely tanked us down at their place, but as many have said here in recent weeks, we've come a long way in a short space of time and I don't think there's any team we should be wary of going up against.

Sussex can still mathematically gain promotion, but realistically that ain't happening - their captain Ben Brown did an interview last week which pretty much confirmed that they're already resigned to another season in Division Two.

Expect a squad announcement later today - hopefully Wood has shaken off whatever it was that troubled him during the Kent game. Expect a pretty much unchanged lineup, Lewis seemed to hint at us seeing Arshad before the season ends, if the rumours of him leaving are true then I reckon we've seen the last of him.

Ha'way Durham

Every year the last game of season just comes and goes

Getting too old

Couldn't agree more marra, the FTECB and their counterparts seem determined to shoehorn more white ball cricket into the schedule thus pushing the four day game more into the background (in my opinion).
Their philosophy is that white ball cricket is what the masses want and they believe it's attracting a new audience to the game, on a personal level it's having the opposite effect, pushing the four day game to the extremes of the season and spectating in your thermals and winter woolies (honestly) is not appealing.
Me and Mrs Carlton are off down to Worcester at the weekend for the season closer and I'll be packing the wintergreen and Kendal mint cake.

Test matches sell so well in England too

Bizarre

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say it again its the counties who decide the schedule, there is no reason why this round of matches (and quite a few other rounds) could not have started on a Thursday instead of a Monday or Tuesday and people who work during the week could watch cricket at the weekends but the counties don't want it. Also its the counties who want the majority of cricket played in mid summer to be one day especially T20.

I will say it again its the counties who decide the schedule, there is no reason why this round of matches (and quite a few other rounds) could not have started on a Thursday instead of a Monday or Tuesday and people who work during the week could watch cricket at the weekends but the counties don't want it. Also its the counties who want the majority of cricket played in mid summer to be one day especially T20.
True. To be more precise it's the Chairman and Chief Execs ...... but these people have the responsibility of keeping the show on the road and they are generally short of money, so follow the money. But, the other side of the coin is that a great proportion of the income is controlled by the ECB ...... so if the ECB says jump do they say 'how high' or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back