Canny cops - bbc3

Status
Not open for further replies.

And they were still kids when they set their stall out .If it's just odds there'd be similar numbers everywhere

Maybe i

Maybe it's helps the cops get through the day and contain things but I didn't share their view of these people one bit

Her parents will have been arse holes as well or too thick to realise they were doing something wrong in raising her.

There's mixed opinions on the Tories and the mines etc but it decimated these smaller areas
Even if they lost money they got a whole micro economy rolling along
It just leaves you wondering what to think
You want to bray them all and lock them up for good then you think what chance have they had?
I've always thought that subsidising the coal industry would have been better for the country on the whole.
The abandonment of whole communities and the subsequent economic and social cost must outweigh keeping the industry running.
(I have no evidence to support this!)

I've always thought that subsidising the coal industry would have been better for the country on the whole.
The abandonment of whole communities and the subsequent economic and social cost must outweigh keeping the industry running.
I'd say so
Loss leader as they say .

So my lass was a beats copper in Peterlee when this was filmed and asked not to be shown on TV. 10 minutes onto episode 2 and we've spotted her 3 times. Shes not very happy like.

Agree 100%. A functioning town economy would have been a price worth paying.

On episode 3 now and it's an eye opener for me and I live in Easington Lane.

f***ing hell, there's plenty of these types of scrotes in Easington Lane. Not everybody in Easington Lane is though, same as Horden. These programmes that focus on the dregs of society could be made in loads of places. Doesn't mean everybody who lives there should be tarred with the same brush.

f***ing hell, there's plenty of these types of scrotes in Easington Lane. Not everybody in Easington Lane is though, same as Horden. These programmes that focus on the dregs of society could be made in loads of places. Doesn't mean everybody who lives there should be tarred with the same brush.
I know there are mate. I wasn't having a pop at Horden or Seaham or anywhere else featured in the program. I just don't see these types of people when I am mooching about my estate or in the High Street in the lane. I don't really go wandering about the worst streets in the Lane. Not sure if you missed it but my Mrs is a copper who features in this program so it's an eye opener just how much shit she has to deal with at work.

Another thing that got on my piss was the bloke in the tattoo shop blaming the closure of the pit for all of the wasters on the programme and the way Horden is now.

Horden was still a good place to live and had very good nightlife and thriving pub trade, long after the pits close.

It’s only been the last 10 years or soo it has got really bad.
Aye ,still bitter from it and hates the cops which is fair enough imo

So my lass was a beats copper in Peterlee when this was filmed and asked not to be shown on TV. 10 minutes onto episode 2 and we've spotted her 3 times. Shes not very happy like.
She's called So?

Reeto mate ,its well documented what Thatchers private army did in the strike
Lots of hard working blokes became criminals for some reason
Coppers waving pay packets.

What always confuses me is why was there a need for the police to be there in the first place?

Why do you think that is?

What always confuses me is why was there a need for the police to be there in the first place?

Why do you think that is?
When the public due to numbers and cause start getting the upper hand they show up in force to let you know who's boss
Happens the world over
Whatever reason Police attend anywhere it's not their job to be the aggressor or incite

When the public due to numbers and cause start getting the upper hand they show up in force to let you know who's boss
Happens the world over
Whatever reason Police attend anywhere it's not their job to be the aggressor or incite

If everyone behaves in a mature, peaceful environment and let’s everyone go about their business without stopping them doing what they need or want to do, then there is no need for the police to be involved in anyway.

If everyone behaves in a mature, peaceful environment and let’s everyone go about their business without stopping them doing what they need or want to do, then there is no need for the police to be involved in anyway.
Yep ,a very simple way of looking at it
I can see why you got confused ;)

Yep ,a very simple way of looking at it
I can see why you got confused ;)

It's the way I look at things, and the bottom line is for me is I don't agree with people forcefully stopping other people going about their everyday business, and if they do it's right the people who are paid to uphold the law then intervene.

That's not to say some of the police in the strike were well out of order because like you say some were, however that doesn't change my view, that they only needed to get involved in the first place, because people were stopped from doing their job,

Last edited:
Sat through all 3 last night.

Obscene what that far mess will be costing the taxpayer, same for all the other fuckwits, with their free solicitor by their side, whats the going rate for that btw? £300 per appointment?

Cynical view but cant help feeling some parents on the Hartlepool one n this want to keep their kids down, in fear of them making their parents even more fecking useless. Her with two teeth on the hpool one, preaching to the daughers the town has no jobs, at the end of their bastard street was tesco, macds, a new starbucks, screwfix who encourage young female starts, endless small businesses, a huge trading estate, niramax, few pubs etc etc etc.

Still sad. I slept at my nana n grandas near walter wilson 35 year back, 1400 at the pit, decent grafting folk everywhere. Id be terified if they lived in the same spot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back