Cancelling Sky - Do they try to keep you these days ??

It’s that time again, my contract is up for renewal in January so I did the online chat to cancel, they offered me bits and pieces but in the end they gave me a cancellation date.
I’ve just received an email saying they’ll offer me a new deal to keep me tied in. Are there any good deals at the moment?
I’m currently paying around £50 for;
Sky Signature, comes with boxsets etc
Sky HD
Super fast unlimited broadband
I’m in the same scenario. Way I see it is the broadband is excellent so I don’t mind paying the 20-25 quid for that. The TV they are offering at present is shite in my opinion and isn’t worth the £26 a month. Think I’m going to go through with the cancellation.

I’m in the same scenario. Way I see it is the broadband is excellent so I don’t mind paying the 20-25 quid for that. The TV they are offering at present is shite in my opinion and isn’t worth the £26 a month. Think I’m going to go through with the cancellation.
Aye, the broadband is canny and seems to be about the going rate.
I use my sky email address for almost all correspondence now, would that still be accessible/valid if I was to leave them completely?
I know what’ll happen after all this, they’ll agree to something similar to what I’m paying now and I’ll agree to another 18 months.

Aye, the broadband is canny and seems to be about the going rate.
I use my sky email address for almost all correspondence now, would that still be accessible/valid if I was to leave them completely?
I know what’ll happen after all this, they’ll agree to something similar to what I’m paying now and I’ll agree to another 18 months.
Yeah you can keep your sky address.

It’s that time again, my contract is up for renewal in January so I did the online chat to cancel, they offered me bits and pieces but in the end they gave me a cancellation date.
I’ve just received an email saying they’ll offer me a new deal to keep me tied in. Are there any good deals at the moment?
I’m currently paying around £50 for;
Sky Signature, comes with boxsets etc
Sky HD
Super fast unlimited broadband
Mine is up in March, will be putting my notice to cancel in February and see what they offer.

Cancelled the TV last year and was still with them for the broadband and phone, been having issues with wifi. Problem is their routers are heavily restricted so you can't buy your own routers and mesh systems. They want you to sign up for a extra wifi guarantee sub and buy their stuff.

Was meant to be some kind of diamond platinum VIP members, the account was 25 years old, and I was already overpaying. They wouldn't do anything to bring the price down or help with my wifi issues, they wanted more money.

So I sacked them off and switched to plus net, gonna be saving a tenner a month with faster speed, got a chunk of cash back and a amazon voucher also.

I was meant to be in a contract till match but for some reason there was a flag on my account that said no exit fees so I managed to get out of it.

Back