Cancelling Sky - Do they try to keep you these days ??

EcosseMackem

Striker
My deal on Sky is about to finish next month - I got the whole TV package for £44 a month as I cancelled for 3 months last year while I was moving house
I can't really afford it when it goes back to full price so I was going to try to get a deal
I don't really have any alternative to Sky as even Freeview is only 9 or 10 channels in these parts and Freesat is fairly basic
Has anyone got a deal out of Sky lately or are they happy to let punters leave

They certainly do. Sports and movies aside, I’ve got TV and fibre max for £29 a month. Renewed last month

My deal on Sky is about to finish next month - I got the whole TV package for £44 a month as I cancelled for 3 months last year while I was moving house
I can't really afford it when it goes back to full price so I was going to try to get a deal
I don't really have any alternative to Sky as even Freeview is only 9 or 10 channels in these parts and Freesat is fairly basic

I got a deal on Talk Talk £36 a month including Sky Sports for 18 months, then signed up for BT Sports for £20 a month through Talk Talk (first 3 months free).......So £55 a month for Broadband, phone and both Sports networks.

They certainly do. Sports and movies aside, I’ve got TV and fibre max for £29 a month. Renewed last month

Not sure they have a choice, with BT, Talk Talk etc making the market competitive then they have no choice but to try a bit harder to keep customers....Im sure Netflix has killed them too, no more people signing up for kids TV etc as Netflix/Amazon are rammed with great content for a fraction of the price.

Last edited:

@AndrewP

I got a deal on Talk Talk £36 a month including Sky Sports for 18 months, then signed up for BT Sports for £20 a month through Talk Talk (first 3 months free).......So £55 a month for Broadband, phone and both Sports networks.

Not sure they have a choice, with BT, Talk Talk etc making the market competitive then they have no choice but to try a bit harder to keep customers....Im sure Netflix has killed them too, no more people signing up for kids TV etc as Netflix/Amazon are rammed with great content for a fraction of the price.
Same with movies I would think, does anybody actually watch sky movies anymore these days ?

Half price is a fairly normal win back offer.

Just cancel and you'll get some sort of offer like that.

I've just got another letter through the door yesterday. 13 quid a month for the entertainment package and the others can be bolted on at a quid each or more for sports and movies. The last letter I got was 15 quid month so it's coming down.

I just said I can't afford it and want the basic pack after having everything which cost me 120 a month. They kept saying we'll give you a tenner off and I kept saying no. They finally said do you want it half price so got the lot for 60 with everything.

when I moved to Virgin, they rang me every day twice a day for about 2 months. I wasn't aware of who it was (because I just ignored the call) until I googled the number. I only moved to Virgin because they sent me a broken box and then insisted it would take a fortnight to get an engineer out to replace it leaving me without a tele. Told them I could have Virgin in within 48 hours and they tried to call my bluff. Stupid fuckers.

Had phone and TV with sky.
Having nuisance calls at all hours they would not change my number, kept fobbing me off for weeks, when I moved phone provider they switched me off and said they couldn't switch me back on (lies) new phone company said it would cost £50 for reconnection unless sky switched me back on.
I demanded to speak to a manager in the end and got it all sorted then left.
Canceling the TV was a nightmare. Pass you on to someone, questions, offers, pass you on again, blah blah.
Then constant phone calls and letters.
The lass told them I'd left her to fook em off :)
I would never go back to sky, shìthouses.
Talk Talk are even shìtter :D

I’ll be cancelling this weekend. Don’t really use it and basic entertainment has went up from 16 to 32. Keeping BT Sport.

Honestly, I don't know. We brought a Sky HD box over from UK, stuck in the old card that came with the apartment, linked up to the dish on the roof, and there it all is.

Films, sport and all ?

I’ve always paid for the basic plus the docs,
it’s over thirty quid now and worse than ever with the new lay out and little new on the docs.

Back