Cancelling Sky - Do they try to keep you these days ??

Called me back a few times and a week before it was due to go off they offered everything bar the sport for £24. I was paying 18, so not a bad increase.

I renewed my deal last month. They wouldn't play ball originally so had to put my notice in to cancel. After a few days I went on the live chat and asked if there was any good deals to keep it on and got pretty much everything TV wise for £51 a month. According to the app I'm getting £52.50 discount and the breakdown is as follows.

Sky Entertainment £15
Sky Box Sets £1
Sky Kids £1
Sky Sports Complete Pack £9
Sky Cinema £10
HD £1
Sports HD £2
Sky Q Multiscreen £12

I know Sky gets slated a bit on here, but I think it's a good product just ridiculously overpriced normally.

I renewed my deal last month. They wouldn't play ball originally so had to put my notice in to cancel. After a few days I went on the live chat and asked if there was any good deals to keep it on and got pretty much everything TV wise for £51 a month. According to the app I'm getting £52.50 discount and the breakdown is as follows.

Sky Entertainment £15
Sky Box Sets £1
Sky Kids £1
Sky Sports Complete Pack £9
Sky Cinema £10
HD £1
Sports HD £2
Sky Q Multiscreen £12

I know Sky gets slated a bit on here, but I think it's a good product just ridiculously overpriced normally.

It's shite that you have to pay for HD twice.

Is anyone else coming to the end of their ‘deals’ at the minute. I’m paying around £55 a month for the entertainment package, boxsets and HD, plus fibre unlimited and line rental. This will go up to around £80/90 shortly.
What would you be expecting to pay for the above? To be honest with us having Netflix/Prime/IPlayer etc we hardly watch Sky tv

Is anyone else coming to the end of their ‘deals’ at the minute. I’m paying around £55 a month for the entertainment package, boxsets and HD, plus fibre unlimited and line rental. This will go up to around £80/90 shortly.
What would you be expecting to pay for the above? To be honest with us having Netflix/Prime/IPlayer etc we hardly watch Sky tv
If you don't watch it much then just cancel it.

You can get fibre for about £20-25. That's a lot to pay if you don't watch TV.

If you don't watch it much then just cancel it.

You can get fibre for about £20-25. That's a lot to pay if you don't watch TV.
I’m thinking of it to be honest, I’d happily do without and I’m sure my lass would get used to it. Like I say, we stream 95% of what we watch now. I’ll threaten to cancel and see what they come back with. Cheers 👍🏼

Cancelled mine last December, now with virgin, half the price.

been getting offers since from sky but sticking with virgin for now. I like the virgin box (oooerr missus ) better than sky’s box for recording and downloads

I’m thinking of it to be honest, I’d happily do without and I’m sure my lass would get used to it. Like I say, we stream 95% of what we watch now. I’ll threaten to cancel and see what they come back with. Cheers 👍🏼
I'm the same mate. Cancelled a while back and never missed it.

We've got prime, Netflix and Disneylife+

They'll do you a deal but you'll be tied in for 18 months including any premium channels. You can't just switch the sports off when you want anymore.

Left beginning of this year, had an email last week offering me the entire TV package (sport and movies) for £40, though that is actually a fair price.
Looked into it and they start adding for extras like having HD channels etc and it just pissed me off so I deleted it.

It is their constant nickel and diming that did for me, give me everything you have for £50 max and I would never have left.

Wasn't as bad as I thought cancelling...could do it online rather than having to talk on the phone interminably. Just kept a straight bat knocking back all the offers. Afterwards had a text, an email or two and a phone call along the lines of 'anything we can do'. Got a Netflix, Prime and NowTV entertainment subs for all the Sky Atlantic stuff and that does me fine.

I'm the same mate. Cancelled a while back and never missed it.

We've got prime, Netflix and Disneylife+

Same. Had sky with sports and movies (prime and netflix on the side).

Ditched that for the basic virgin media bundle. About £30 per month for 100mb broadband and not far off freeview tv.

It’s that time again, my contract is up for renewal in January so I did the online chat to cancel, they offered me bits and pieces but in the end they gave me a cancellation date.
I’ve just received an email saying they’ll offer me a new deal to keep me tied in. Are there any good deals at the moment?
I’m currently paying around £50 for;
Sky Signature, comes with boxsets etc
Sky HD
Super fast unlimited broadband

Last edited:

Back