Cancelling Sky - Do they try to keep you these days ??

Films, sport and all ?

I’ve always paid for the basic plus the docs,
it’s over thirty quid now and worse than ever with the new lay out and little new on the docs.

Aye. We've had it for the two years we've been here and don't want to ask any questions for fear of losing it. We've had the odd day when everything's been down, only to magically reappear the next day.

Left sky direct.

With now tv for tele and broadband.
£29 a month including broadband, line rental, 11 sky channels, sky sports news, and loads of box sets

My deal on Sky is about to finish next month - I got the whole TV package for £44 a month as I cancelled for 3 months last year while I was moving house
I can't really afford it when it goes back to full price so I was going to try to get a deal
I don't really have any alternative to Sky as even Freeview is only 9 or 10 channels in these parts and Freesat is fairly basic
Has anyone got a deal out of Sky lately or are they happy to let punters leave
Cancel everything, they’ll ring you back within 14 days offering you the full TV package for £25-30

Ended up getting everything including multi room and 2 new Sky Q boxes for £40 a month for 18 months - they even waived the cost of the Sky Q boxes as I’d said that the old box had been playing up

Cancelled mine last month and it went off yesterday. They over me half bat for 12 months at the time and I’ve had one email trying the get me back and that it. Maybe I’ll miss it when the season starts again, but we just weren’t watching it and certainly not enough to warrant the £80 a month we paid. The lad said we have had it for 17 years when I cancelled... I wish I had the money

I only had broadband with them, phoned to see how much it would cost to get sports in 4k, thought they were absolutely taking the piss so told them I was leaving. Haven't heard anything from them and have now signed up with BT who were a lot more reasonable

Phoned to cancel my tv deal last month, they gave me an offer a few weeks ago which would have been ok but I was going on holiday so I said I would contact them before the cut of date, forgot came back Monday to find I've lost my sky channels, contacted them on line but the offer can't be found, so hoping they get back in touch with an offer as normal Tele is sh###.

Never accept their first offers
Just let the 30 days run down
They always come back with better deals towards the termination date

My deal on Sky is about to finish next month - I got the whole TV package for £44 a month as I cancelled for 3 months last year while I was moving house
I can't really afford it when it goes back to full price so I was going to try to get a deal
I don't really have any alternative to Sky as even Freeview is only 9 or 10 channels in these parts and Freesat is fairly basic
Has anyone got a deal out of Sky lately or are they happy to let punters leave

Just phone them and cancel.

Even if they won't deal there and then they'll be back on the phone the next day.

The spineless pansies

The sport coverage of Football, cricket, golf and Darts is exceptional on Sky.

Extermly professional coverage.

I don’t think it’s bad value when you compare it to other entertainment like watching a live football match.

You can get Sky for a full month all of it, for the same price as some people pay to watch one 90 minute match of football!

Back