Can’t believe people really that desperate for a drink...

Anar. I see maybe one fight a year in town.
I'd post a video of a proper nasty fight in the village pub, but it's not nice to watch and I don't particularly want to advertise where I live.
But I was brought up in Sacriston and then Chester-le-Street.... so long as you know how to behave and don'\t act the twat it's usually possible to be the spectator and not have to get involved.

I'd post a video of a proper nasty fight in the village pub, but it's not nice to watch and I don't particularly want to advertise where I live.
But I was brought up in Sacriston and then Chester-le-Street.... so long as you know how to behave and don'\t act the twat it's usually possible to be the spectator and not have to get involved.

I'd stop in anarl if my only option was drinking in places like that. And I'm originally from Suddick 😂

Well where ever the lad lives (I should know tbf but I've forgot :lol:) I don't want to drink there!
It is Cambridgeshire. It's not dog rough, but there are occasional fights. Just pissed up lads who can't take the amount they put away. I was just convinced it would happen on Monday as it marked the first time they were let off the leash and all that.

It's not that bad, and like anywhere you can be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But if you know how to behave in pubs then it's rare that you get caught up in it even if it does kick off. I'm looking forward to going back later in the year when you can go inside. I just couldn't be arsed with the fanning about if there is bother. I want to finish my pint not get moved on by the rozzers when they turf people out.

Pubs were struggling before Covid, I got sick of going out and sitting in pubs on my own, I thought what's the point. Pubs for me are more about the social aspect not just the beer. Its one of the great things about Britain, being able to go into a pub and have a conversation with a stranger or group of people about football or whatever, pubs without customers are like football grounds without crowds, and most of the generation who loved pubs as much as this generation love their mobile phones, are dying off. Pubs as a 24/7 institution are a thing of the past IMO.In future I reckon only a select few will survive and only open at certain times etc. Pubs are dying out, its sad but true, and Covid has speeded up the decline by around 5 years.

Pubs were struggling before Covid, I got sick of going out and sitting in pubs on my own, I thought what's the point. Pubs for me are more about the social aspect not just the beer. Its one of the great things about Britain, being able to go into a pub and have a conversation with a stranger or group of people about football or whatever, pubs without customers are like football grounds without crowds, and most of the generation who loved pubs as much as this generation love their mobile phones, are dying off. Pubs as a 24/7 institution are a thing of the past IMO.In future I reckon only a select few will survive and only open at certain times etc. Pubs are dying out, its sad but true, and Covid has speeded up the decline by around 5 years.

The number of pubs in the UK increased in the year before Covid tbf.

Been down the seafront for a walk tonight with the dog and it was good to see plenty places doing a busy or steady trade. Wolsey garden was near enough full, quite a few outside Harbour View, steady crowd outside Grannie Annies and the Roker Hotel looked full as well.

Been down the seafront for a walk tonight with the dog and it was good to see plenty places doing a busy or steady trade. Wolsey garden was near enough full, quite a few outside Harbour View, steady crowd outside Grannie Annies and the Roker Hotel looked full as well.
Promenade looked quiet when I drove past on my scooter about 6

Might be an obvious question, but why are you going to pubs on your own if you’re sick of sitting by yourself? Just stay in the house if you can’t get some mates together.
It is Cambridgeshire. It's not dog rough, but there are occasional fights. Just pissed up lads who can't take the amount they put away. I was just convinced it would happen on Monday as it marked the first time they were let off the leash and all that.

It's not that bad, and like anywhere you can be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But if you know how to behave in pubs then it's rare that you get caught up in it even if it does kick off. I'm looking forward to going back later in the year when you can go inside. I just couldn't be arsed with the fanning about if there is bother. I want to finish my pint not get moved on by the rozzers when they turf people out.
Yet you’d think with the rough reputation the NE has it would be the more violent place. I don’t know what’s happened up here, but in the 90s you’d see at least one fight a night. Thankfully that culture has all but gone now.

Last edited:
Might be an obvious question, but why are you going to pubs on your own if you’re sick of sitting by yourself? Just stay in the house if you can’t get some mates together.

Yet you’d think with the rough reputation the NE has it would be the more violent place. I don’t know what’s happened up here, but in the 90s you’d see at least one fight a night. Thankfully that culture has all but gone now.
Good. It ruins a night out when you need to leave a pint half finished. Especially the prices you pay these days.

...that they’ll freeze their balls/flaps off by sitting in boozer car parks?

Any of the SMB booked into their nearest pub car park next week?
Just so they can post on FB ... mine is littered with pics. A cold Monday night with work the next day couldn’t think of out worse.

Back