Can’t believe people really that desperate for a drink...

People are so uncomfortable in their lives they have to be out drinking. I do appreciate mental health of some, but I just believe a lot of people have not got a fulfilling life at home they need to escape with drink etc.
That’s just nonsense. Having a day out drinking with the lads is great and people haven’t been able to do it for between 6-12 months.

Just had our regular walk down Moor Lane, up to Cleadon Village and back to East Boldon. Brit and cottage both closed, new micro pub The Stables opens tomorrow with Ales from the Lazy Lizard. Beggars Bridge were letting punters in on our way out but a queue of about 6 groups on way back. As said on page 1 not keen enough to queue but would have gone in if a table free. Couple of craft ales in my Garden instead.

That’s just nonsense. Having a day out drinking with the lads is great and people haven’t been able to do it for between 6-12 months.
It is I agree, but some people are uncomfortable with themselves so much they want it all the time. If you have to be in a pub every weekend drinking, then I am not sure how happy those people are unless under 25.

Will be loads young uns just cancel / don’t turn up

Some places take a deposit, at some if you're more than 15 minutes late you lose your table, even seen one place take card details and if you don't turn up they charge you £20 an hour or summat.

Big campaign on encouraging people not to do it I would imagine.

It is I agree, but some people are uncomfortable with themselves so much they want it all the time. If you have to be in a pub every weekend drinking, then I am not sure how happy those people are unless under 25.

Just more the fact haven't been able too for ages.

Had a couple cheeky ones with one of the lads after had mop chopped.

Rest of us all going out at weekend should be a laugh.

I reckon people going to the pub this week should be given a priority card to be used when pubs are allowed to have people indoors so they get first dibs ahead of the fair-weather pub goers.

Once all restrictions are lifted it could be used at Christmas time instead.

And anyone who constantly refers to it as drinking in a pub car park shouldn't be allowed out til we all get bored of pubs. Ditto anyone coming out with lifting patter like "Is your life so empty you have to have a drink in the cold`

What an absurd statement. Going to the pub with my mates or my lass is absolutely my favourite pastime and has been for the last 30 years. It’s got nothing to do with being uncomfortable with yourself and everything to do with being sociable. I think the opposite, people who don’t go to the pub every weekend are the ones with sad, empty lives.

What an absurd statement. Going to the pub with my mates or my lass is absolutely my favourite pastime and has been for the last 30 years. It’s got nothing to do with being uncomfortable with yourself and everything to do with being sociable. I think the opposite, people who don’t go to the pub every weekend are the ones with sad, empty lives.
Here here

Just been through Seaham, load of people out drinking. Also, the queue for one of the barbers was hilarious. It was long as the queue to have a go on Cheryl Cole back in the day.

Back