Campsites...

Does that site take tents? It's a cracking area and not too far to go for a weekend away.
It's mostly caravans but they have what they call a rally field at the back that tents go in. It's a nice spot, right above the river.
Having said that there are no tents in it this weekend, she may have stopped doing them at the minute due to covid pressure on the "facilities".

Last edited:

If thats the one past deerbolt from barney ive found it so expensive
Yes, the club sites are generally expensive, but membership brings it down to more realistic levels. It pays for itself if you spend something like 5 nights on a club site over a year. They've extended everyone's membership by 6 months this year. The cost of club sites also varies dramatically by season. I haven't been to that site for years but we will spend at least three weeks on club sites this year, so the membership starts becoming useful.

Yes, the club sites are generally expensive, but membership brings it down to more realistic levels. It pays for itself if you spend something like 5 nights on a club site over a year. They've extended everyone's membership by 6 months this year. The cost of club sites also varies dramatically by season. I haven't been to that site for years but we will spend at least three weeks on club sites this year, so the membership starts becoming useful.

Never found the need for club sites up to now. I just look elsewhere where theres no membership and its still just as cheap

Never found the need for club sites up to now. I just look elsewhere where theres no membership and its still just as cheap
Yeah fair enough, as I said earlier our go to site is Doe Park (which is considerably cheaper, as is Pecknell Farm which is very close to it) and we'll spend a fair bit more than three weeks on non-club sites this year.

But they do have their uses and they're generally really well run and kept. We've been members for years, but as the site prices have gone up I keep telling myself I'll not renew, but actually we do still end up using their sites a fair bit.

Have you tried Leekworth at Middleton? I walked through (well, along the river) a few weeks back and it seemed like a great location.
Talking of expensive :)
It is nice there though, you can get fire pits off him. Good for fishers too.

It is pricey though.
They take tents too.
To be fair, he probably has the nicest netties of any campsite I've ever been on, underfloor heating and all that.

Last edited:
Up at Ullswater at the moment. Lovely site, canny little bar where we watched the game last night. Play park for the kids. Place is full but doesnt feel busy. Aira force today then ullswater steamer down to glenridding.

Seems to be some big macmillan care walk on today. Bout hundred walkers camping out and set off this morning.
Which site you on?

30 quid a night for a tent FFS! That is ridiculous for a patch of grass.

In a central location with stunning views, a bar, a play area, electric, showers and washing up, launderette etc? Its actually quite reasonable for a patch of grass
I prefer backpacking and wildcamping up the fells. Great location and view - for nowt. :)

Try that with 2 little kids and a mrs

Have you tried Leekworth at Middleton? I walked through (well, along the river) a few weeks back and it seemed like a great location.
We have been to Leekworth 3 or 4 times, its the best campsite we have been to...highly reccomend it, Leekworth centre has a few nice restaurants and cafes to try out also just a short walk

Back