Campsites...

Latterly known for their similarity to primordial soup due to the abundance of floating DNA.
Champion - bottle of Prosecco in the pond to get the party started and a bit Barry White on the waterproof bluetooth speaker.

A tub of Ben and Jerry’s and ya laughing

What kind of camp site? Tents or caravans? If you are looking for caravan camp sites then my lass has come back from a weekend in a camp site just past Scarborough in an 8 berth static caravan. Real plush it looks too. She sent me back a whole lot of nougat which I adore. She absolutely loved it down there.
Anyone know of any decent ones up the lakes? I know they'll be loads but any recommendations? Prefer kids friendly ones like as ill have the 6 and 10 year old

Sykeside near Brotherswater is nice. I went there twice with Whitburn Comp. Hated it. We went hiking about 12 or 13 miles in heavy boots. Got huge blisters on my heel which still manifests itself as lump of hard skin as thick as a Rhinos.

Last edited:
Up at Ullswater at the moment. Lovely site, canny little bar where we watched the game last night. Play park for the kids. Place is full but doesnt feel busy. Aira force today then ullswater steamer down to glenridding.

Seems to be some big macmillan care walk on today. Bout hundred walkers camping out and set off this morning.

Just came back, said she would never do it again because of the midgies. I get eaten alive by them so I'll give it a miss🤣
I was talking to someone about midges etc., he told me to try taking some Vitamin B1 Compound (thiamine), a couple of weeks before we go up to Scotland. Keep taking it while you are there as well, apparently it helps to keep the buggers off because you secrete a nasty odour that the flies, etc., don't like.

Back