Campsites...

Looking for one to go with little one who is 4, once they open up again. Looking for within two hours drive as not be setting off until after 3pm so don’t want to arrive late.

Any recommendations?

Park foot and cowies won’t cut it this time. She more into ket.

depends what you want to do when you are there, but theres a belter i've been using at Usha Gap in swaledale. its lovely surroundings, theres 2 pubs in 10 minute walk in opposite directions, she lets you have fires in fire pits which she lets you use and sells logs, the toilet and shower block is very good, theres a little shop in the farm and farm animals, and the river swale runs right past to play in. theres a stretch of the river further up at keld where there is 7 waterfalls in a row, its canny. and cheap enough, old fashioned just get on with it type camping

depends what you want to do when you are there, but theres a belter i've been using at Usha Gap in swaledale. its lovely surroundings, theres 2 pubs in 10 minute walk in opposite directions, she lets you have fires in fire pits which she lets you use and sells logs, the toilet and shower block is very good, theres a little shop in the farm and farm animals, and the river swale runs right past to play in. theres a stretch of the river further up at keld where there is 7 waterfalls in a row, its canny. and cheap enough, old fashioned just get on with it type camping
Bit camp. Few beers. Space to play. That sorts of stuff. Pub a bonus.

Looks topper that place.

That sounds fantastic 👍

Anyone know of any decent ones up the lakes? I know they'll be loads but any recommendations? Prefer kids friendly ones like as ill have the 6 and 10 year old

Anyone know of any decent ones up the lakes? I know they'll be loads but any recommendations? Prefer kids friendly ones like as ill have the 6 and 10 year old
Been to Low Wray campsite near Windermere a couple of times..topper like..Wray Castle nearby is worth a visit..plenty walks..bike tracks..just round the lake there’s a tree top adventure place..rope bridges and zip wires..lovely pub not far from the campsite anarl..the Outgate Inn..lovely meals..homemade pies and that.

Looking for one to go with little one who is 4, once they open up again. Looking for within two hours drive as not be setting off until after 3pm so don’t want to arrive late.

Any recommendations?

Park foot and cowies won’t cut it this time. She more into ket.
Poorly bridge. Next to Penrith.

Back