Calls for a national inquiry into grooming gangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

But "grooming" is a euphemistic word. Like calling Heroin a recreational stimulant.
Nevertheless it has become the usual adjective applied in such circumstances whether it be on line or on the streets. Maybe 'grooming' is meant to reflect the soft approach initially used to bait the targets. In fairness the word is pretty apt.

Last edited:
It does seem to me ( from an outside point of view) that there is an issue with the culture at the heart of these communities in which non-muslims are seen as "different" and therefore lesser than their own girls.
Of course. They are slags to the gangs. They are shameful and they have no honour and so for these gangs, the girls get what they deserve and they are taught that they are purer than the girls they abuse but they do target their own communities too if they get the chance...

From Nazir Afzal, the prosecuting lawyer in the Rotherham example...
When I prosecuted the Rochdale gang, immediately afterwards, I prosecuted the ringleader again for his abuse of a girl of the same ethnicity as him. That didn’t get any publicity and he got 21 years for that. So there are victims from the Asian community but because of issues such as honour, shame, and the fact that very often they’re told by their families that it’s “your fault”, they’re not coming forward.
...that culture is the problem.

Last edited:
He’s a Muslim man and I thought you said it’s their culture, religion and Quran to blame.
He said the same in case you didn't listen.
Of course. They are slags to the gangs. They are shameful and they have no honour and so for these gangs, the girls get what they deserve and they are taught that they are purer than the girls they abuse but they do target their own communities too if they get the chance...

From Nazir Afzal, the prosecuting lawyer in the Rotherham example...

...that culture is the problem.
Pakistani culture?

Last edited:
Honour culture. Shame culture that is embedded in Pakistani culture as well as the countries in that area. We've been through this. You don't agree.
Pakistan/afghan,i agree,their concept of honour is odd,a young boy was raped en-route to school by an older boy,so the victims older brother raped the rapist,strange and something we couldn't wrap our heads around.i posted a youtube clip earlier,samira khan talking about a Pakistan lady whose brother slighted some family somehow so a gang went round and raped his sister in revenge.

Honour culture. Shame culture that is embedded in Pakistani culture as well as the countries in that area. We've been through this. You don't agree.
D'you know what else is embedded in Pakistani Culture....?

I'll give you a clue, it appears 4 times in the opening paragraphs

Where do you think that honour and shame culture comes from Jon? :lol:
So is he part of a rape gang?
No

Last edited:
Pakistan/afghan,i agree,their concept of honour is odd,a young boy was raped en-route to school by an older boy,so the victims older brother raped the rapist,strange and something we couldn't wrap our heads around.i posted a youtube clip earlier,samira khan talking about a Pakistan lady whose brother slighted some family somehow so a gang went round and raped his sister in revenge.
The Pakistan state uses it as a tool of social control. How many rapists over there feel the full force the Pakistan justice system for their crimes? Or is it kept in house, or families encouraged to take the cash hand-out in return for a prisoner's release or shortened sentence? Or simply not prosecuted?

No
But you and him say it a cultural thing, a religious thing and Quran thing.
Am not being funny but do you not see the flaw in yours and his argument? Like I say it’s bonkers.

Take it up with Naz Afsal, senior lawyer. Mind you he was only born in a tribal area of N/W Pakistan where he saw these things first hand so maybe you can teach him a thing or two...

I gave my prediction of any enquiry findings top of page 2.

But you and him say it a cultural thing, a religious thing and Quran thing.
Am not being funny but do you not see the flaw in yours and his argument? Like I say it’s bonkers.
Not at all.

You can reject a culture, people reject parts of religion all the time.

Most people nowadays pick and choose what they want to believe from religion.

Take it up with Naz Afsal, senior lawyer. Mind you he was only born in a tribal area of N/W Pakistan where he saw these things first hand so maybe you can teach him a thing or two...

I gave my prediction of any enquiry findings top of page 2.
"I experienced horrific, religiously sanctioned sexual violence and torture " -Ella Hill

Maybe she's lying too.
So what you are saying that like most people these dirty scum bags pick and choose what they want to believe. So its an individual thing not a religious thing. Welcome aboard mate.
No, what I'm saying is if you want justification for acting like that you can find it in the teachings of Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back