Calls for a national inquiry into grooming gangs.

Aituk7

Striker

Maajid Nawaz recalled Stephen Lawrence's murder and the Macpherson Inquiry that followed.

He noted that the Macpherson report "coined the phrase 'institutional racism', and shifted the debate in this country around race permanently and forever.

Speaking of the grooming gangs scandals 27 cities, he said: "This grooming gang scandal must be investigated on a national level in the same way because this is institutional mysogyny.

He continued: "The fear ... of anti-Muslim bigotry must never be an excuse to allow underage girls to be raped and abused in this way. But it was.

Think of that. Imagine that 27 cities and counting... because I can guarantee you we haven't heard the end of this yet. Imagine the thousands of victims. Imagine the impunity with which these men must have been acting.

Maajid Nawaz then said: "Don't tell me that their Muslim identity had nothing to do with this.

"I have lived and breathed this community all of my life. I can guarantee you that it's not the cause but a factor in the way in which these girls was treated was the culture of these men and as part of that culture is their religious attitude towards non-Muslim."

He asked: "Now who will lead, who will defend the voiceless in this national scandal? Who will lead the case for saying we need a national inquiry into how this would have been tolerated for so long?"

He later said: "Now, finally, the independent police watchdog has said it was covered up by the police. Well, that's not good enough.

"We need a statutory inquiry, just like that was done with Stephen Lawrence, a statutory inquiry to investigate what exactly went wrong and how this will avoid be avoided in the future."

I couldn't agree with him more and I wish him all the luck in putting pressure on the state to bring about this national inquiry.

27 cities now and counting, I didn't even realise it was that many. How can we as a nation be in any way proud of our efforts at multiculturalism, equality for females and most importantly looking after children if this type of crime can be repeated en-masse up and down the country with impunity.

Maajid was involved in the group that helped properly lay out statistically there was something out of the ordinary going on in the first place and as the prosecutions progress I hope he pressures.... I would choose someone like Andy Burnham after his great work on the Hillsborough Independant Panel and the recent revelations coming out of Manchester regarding this... to then try and force a National Inquiry on the matter.

Heads should roll for this, top to bottom, every police force should be investigated and politicians too for any role they had in covering this up.

And also it's patently obvious more needs to be done in Muslim communities on integration, understanding and education particularly those that come from more conservative Muslim countries like Pakistan and Bangledesh.

I hope this call turns into a campaign and finally into some proper justice.

Maajid Nawaz recalled Stephen Lawrence's murder and the Macpherson Inquiry that followed.

He noted that the Macpherson report "coined the phrase 'institutional racism', and shifted the debate in this country around race permanently and forever.

Speaking of the grooming gangs scandals 27 cities, he said: "This grooming gang scandal must be investigated on a national level in the same way because this is institutional mysogyny.

He continued: "The fear ... of anti-Muslim bigotry must never be an excuse to allow underage girls to be raped and abused in this way. But it was.

Think of that. Imagine that 27 cities and counting... because I can guarantee you we haven't heard the end of this yet. Imagine the thousands of victims. Imagine the impunity with which these men must have been acting.

Maajid Nawaz then said: "Don't tell me that their Muslim identity had nothing to do with this.

"I have lived and breathed this community all of my life. I can guarantee you that it's not the cause but a factor in the way in which these girls was treated was the culture of these men and as part of that culture is their religious attitude towards non-Muslim."

He asked: "Now who will lead, who will defend the voiceless in this national scandal? Who will lead the case for saying we need a national inquiry into how this would have been tolerated for so long?"

He later said: "Now, finally, the independent police watchdog has said it was covered up by the police. Well, that's not good enough.

"We need a statutory inquiry, just like that was done with Stephen Lawrence, a statutory inquiry to investigate what exactly went wrong and how this will avoid be avoided in the future."

I couldn't agree with him more and I wish him all the luck in putting pressure on the state to bring about this national inquiry.

27 cities now and counting, I didn't even realise it was that many. How can we as a nation be in any way proud of our efforts at multiculturalism, equality for females and most importantly looking after children if this type of crime can be repeated en-masse up and down the country with impunity.

Maajid was involved in the group that helped properly lay out statistically there was something out of the ordinary going on in the first place and as the prosecutions progress I hope he pressures.... I would choose someone like Andy Burnham after his great work on the Hillsborough Independant Panel and the recent revelations coming out of Manchester regarding this... to then try and force a National Inquiry on the matter.

Heads should roll for this, top to bottom, every police force should be investigated and politicians too for any role they had in covering this up.

And also it's patently obvious more needs to be done in Muslim communities on integration, understanding and education particularly those that come from more conservative Muslim countries like Pakistan and Bangledesh.

Seems weird that he can guarantee this is not the end mind.

It’s been called out for years on here by the likes of me that it’s a cultural thing with these people with their attitude to White girls especially .,?
Yet time after time we have been shouted down as racist etc.

How much more has got to be unearthed on this before we all stop playing funny buggers and face up to the truth.?
How many times have we been told Islam has got absolutely nowt to do with it :lol:

Maajid Nawaz knows about this more than most, he's a pakistani-british muslim himself.

The evidence is there for all to see but daft bastards who choose to ignore it especially at gov level are adding fuel to the fire in ignoring it for racial tension and further abuse of young ladies
Plays into the hands of the far right. Which no sane person wants to see.

If you get a chance to listen to the clip in the link in the OP he goes further on this. Explaining how denial just ends up making things worse.

I've got respect for Nawaz like, he's done an awful lot of work on this.

A Muslim calling for national inquiry into Muslim grooming gangs?

He's brave, I'll give him that.

I agree with everything he has to say as well.

Last edited:

If you don't know who Maajid Nawaz is, look up his story.

Fascinating bloke. Suffered racist abuse and violence as a youth, joined an Islamist group in Egypt, got arrested and spent iirc 8 years in jail, was tortured in there but was converted by a former Islamic terrorist and radical preacher who had previously realised the error of his ways to be more tolerant.

Had a complete turn around in his faith and now works to basically try and help Islam reform and become a more tolerant religion and muslims become more tolerant aswell.

Ran for the lib dems in 2015.... oh well he can't be all good ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm surprised this hasn't been done already although I suspect it won't really achieve much other than a bit fuss when the results are published. We already know what the issues are, really, and I think they are now being addressed.

If you don't know who Maajid Nawaz is, look up his story.

Fascinating bloke. Suffered racist abuse and violence as a youth, joined an Islamist group in Egypt, got arrested and spent iirc 8 years in jail, was tortured in there but was converted by a former Islamic terrorist and radical preacher who had previously realised the error of his ways to be more tolerant.

Had a complete turn around in his faith and now works to basically try and help Islam reform and become a more tolerant religion and muslims become more tolerant aswell.
People can sometimes change for the better and having seen his world from a number of different angles, it sounds like he's turned out decent in the end.

I'll try to have a read up when I get some time to do it.

Hope something comes of it like..on the part of going into Muslim communities and educating them about integration and understanding..do you really need to have to explain to someone that injecting young white girls with heroin or plying them with alcohol then passing them about like rag dolls for sex is wrong..ffs..some of these backward fkas are a good age and have been in this country long enough to know exactly what they're doing..this has got to expose the useless Police and Social Services who've turned a blind eye to this and let the horrible bastards get away with it.

Long overdue. This needs a shit load of officer time and money throwing at it. I doubt it will ever happen due to the scale of what they might find. I have a few mates who have young daughters. Majority of them are concerned about living near a city when their lasses become teenagers and its for this very reason.

Last edited:
Hope something comes of it like..on the part of going into Muslim communities and educating them about integration and understanding..do you really need to have to explain to someone that injecting young white girls with heroin or plying them with alcohol then passing them about like rag dolls for sex is wrong..ffs..some of these backward fkas are a good age and have been in this country long enough to know exactly what they're doing..this has got to expose the useless Police and Social Services who've turned a blind eye to this and let the horrible bastards get away with it.
That's the problem though, we all go of course they know better. But they might not. Seriously. Some of them might not at all. They might believe our laws are f***ing stupid because god knows better.

That's how their original countries have ran for centuries

A lot of them have only just got here and they need time to assimilate, but that doesn't happen when you live in an area that is dominated by large numbers of people who think exactly the same way.

Last edited:

Back