Calls for a national inquiry into grooming gangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Muslim calling for national inquiry into Muslim grooming gangs?

He's brave, I'll give him that.

I agree with everything he has to say as well.
It's not like any Muslim can deny it
It should be an embarrassment to every community
Not sure how much you can blame their good book as opposed to just their archaic view of females and their place
Like a big lads club being allowed to do what it wants
It's changing but slowly
I just don't get how so many Police forces pretty much acted the same independently.
Yeah you'll get the odd neighbourhood police team saying careful what we accuse people of etc but not wholesale ignoring of known crime

I'm all for him wanting a national inquiry into the abuse and failings those young girls experienced. Regardless of background, the issues of Muslim grooming gangs and the Muslim culture needs to be looked at, also the roles and accountability of those who were meant to protect children. We need a thorough investigation and scrutiny of all of the issues involved.
Anyone found guilty of abuse and those in authority who failed in their duty, need to be held to account and prosecutions need to happen to help bring a bit justice to the victims. The inquiry needs to find answers and ways to deal with the the failings of authorities and of the Muslim culture and social issues that allowed such conditions for this child abuse to happen, answers to ensure young girls do not become victims of child abuse by grooming gangs.
Those who abused/played a part or failed to present the abuse from happening, need to be outed and the blame to be held at the perpetrators door and those individuals and authorities who failed the victims.
Fully agreed.

One thing it should not be is though, is a media tool to be used by those of Right Wing leanings, to try and tar 'all' the Muslim community as being complicit. This inquiry should show I hope, that it was a few bad eggs in the Muslim community that carried out the abuse and authorities failed young children from lower status backgrounds.
I think this mentality has contributed to the situation we have found ourselves in now. The overcorrection in order to not be seen as racist and the inaction of the authorities and others to call this problem what it is leads to the far right getting support.

Unfortunately it's not just a few bad eggs. These groups didn't know each other and yet they have operated in a similar manner across the nation. They didn't send each other messages like a terror groups saying this is how we got away with it lads speread the word. This is something as Nawaz says is within the muslim culture that promotes misogyny and racism. I believe lying about it only makes the problem worse for everyone and we've already seen some of the outcome of that.

This problem needs dealing with properly and unfortunately recommendations are going to need to be made for making sure that muslim communities are being properly policed in the future. Because 27 cities.... its epidemic levels.
Not sure how much you can blame their good book as opposed to just their archaic view of females and their place
It's changing but slowly
I just don't get how so many Police forces pretty much acted the same independently.
Yeah you'll get the odd neighbourhood police team saying careful what we accuse people of etc but not wholesale ignoring of known crime
The good book is where they get the archaic views from.

Last edited:
It's changing but slowly
That's what it was. Many of the Muslim communities will have been disgusted in the crimes and behaviour of these grooming gangs, when they became aware of their abuse.

Fully agreed.
I think this mentality has contributed to the situation we have found ourselves in now. The overcorrection in order to not be seen as racist and the inaction of the authorities and others to call this problem what it is leads to the far right getting support.

Unfortunately it's not just a few bad eggs. These groups didn't know each other and yet they have operated in a similar manner across the nation. They didn't send each other messages like a terror groups saying this is how we got away with it lads speread the word. This is something as Nawaz says is within the muslim culture that promotes misogyny and racism. I believe lying about it only makes the problem worse for everyone and we've already seen some of the outcome of that.

This problem needs dealing with properly and unfortunately recommendations are going to need to be made for making sure that muslim communities are being properly policed in the future. Because 27 cities.... its epidemic levels.

There is truth in this but it is not across the board because there are many good Muslims who do not use the Koran to demean and abuse women and people of different cultural and social backgrounds. If dirty bastards can twist scripture, regardless of their religion and take advantage of cultural and social issues to sexually abuse children, they will.

There is truth in this but it is not across the board because there are many good Muslims who do not use the Koran to demean and abuse women and people of different cultural and social backgrounds. If dirty bastards can twist scripture, regardless of their religion and take advantage of cultural and social issues to sexually abuse children, they will.
It's not across the board. Luckily people tend to pick and choose from religions what they like.

But if you read the book how it is written and behave like the person who authored it, you will end up treating women, particularly non-muslim women like these grooming gang members did.

Don't forget, they aren't twisting the scripture to justify this behavior.

Jesus wept :lol:
Like as though all the people in Muslim communities around the country, knew that this abuse was happening, we need to get real with the facts, not have prejudices, false assumptions and generalisations. These grooming gangs will have tried to hide their grooming and abuse from their own communities. There will have been some that turned a blind eye, but the majority would have been disgusted at their crimes.

Last edited:
Fully agreed.

White blokes werent that far off not so long ago
Some still aren't .
Not the organised grooming of course ,we had beer bars to distract us
Just mob rule of sorts

Like as though all the people in Muslim communities around the country, knew that this abuse was happening, we need to get real with the facts, not have prejudices, false assumptions and generalisations. These grooming gangs will have tried to hide their grooming and abuse from their own communities. There will have been some that turned a blind eye, but the majority would have been disgusted at their crimes.
Full families were involved though. God knows why you are trying to downplay the abuse. It’s still happening to this day

White blokes werent that far off not so long ago
Some still aren't .
Not the organised grooming of course ,we had beer bars to distract us
Just mob rule of sorts
I'm not sure if you're making a direct comparison there but I don't even think it's remotely similar.

These grooming gangs will have tried to hide their grooming and abuse from their own communities.
I wouldn't be so sure about that mind. Whenever the women have been interviewed on this they basically said the girls were sluts they had it coming and the rapists didn't just know each other, often it was entire families and friends families.

Plays into the hands of the far right. Which no sane person wants to see.

If you get a chance to listen to the clip in the link in the OP he goes further on this. Explaining how denial just ends up making things worse.

I've got respect for Nawaz like, he's done an awful lot of work on this.
Spot on marra he has indeed

I wouldn't be so sure about that mind. Whenever the women have been interviewed on this they basically said the girls were sluts they had it coming and the rapists didn't just know each other, often it was entire families and friends families.
I'm not saying some others did not know and some Muslim women have this disgusting view. What I am saying is that many in the community did not know.
I ask you the same question as I asked KGC83, show me the evidence of entire families being in the know?

I'm not saying some others did not know and some Muslim women have this disgusting view. What I am saying is that many in the community did not know.
I ask you the same question as I asked KGC83, show me the evidence of entire families being in the know?
Show me the evidence that many in the community did not know.

We don't know. All we know is it went on with an awful lot of girls and an awful lot of perpetrators. Up and down the country.

Anyway can you empty your inbox so I can PM you something please

Show me the evidence that many in the community did not know.

We don't know. All we know is it went on with an awful lot of girls and an awful lot of perpetrators. Up and down the country.

Anyway can you empty your inbox so I can PM you something please
And that is my point, none of us on here know the scale of who knew but to say entire families knew is wrong, kids, mothers, grandparents, etc, unless you can show me evidence of this?
Going to be now mate, I'll empty it tomorrow because I cannot be boshed to dee it. ;) Nite nite!:)

I would put my house on it it's not the end.

As a mate of mine said the other day, if the police are willing to let raping children slide in the name of political correctness.... what other crimes did they let happen?
there is no credible evidence that authorities thought oh we will let child rape slide in the name of multiculturalism.
There are coppers who after the fact played the right wing race card saying oh we didn't do anything because of multiculturalism. But the reality is as we seen time and time again over multiple paedo incidents is that they just thought the girls were prossies and little slags and didn't care or thought they couldn't do any good or in some extreme cases were involved.

For someone who on another thread was reassuring someone he likes immigrants you seem to want to use right wing tropes to start a race war.
If you don't know who Maajid Nawaz is, look up his story.

Fascinating bloke. Suffered racist abuse and violence as a youth, joined an Islamist group in Egypt, got arrested and spent iirc 8 years in jail, was tortured in there but was converted by a former Islamic terrorist and radical preacher who had previously realised the error of his ways to be more tolerant.

Had a complete turn around in his faith and now works to basically try and help Islam reform and become a more tolerant religion and muslims become more tolerant aswell.

Ran for the lib dems in 2015.... oh well he can't be all good ;) :rolleyes:
you missed is funded by the same people behind trump, mercer, cambridge analytica and the american christian far right

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back