Buying a new bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disk brakes

That’s my bike was thinking about putting road tyres on it

Sorry that’s the bike I’ve got already this is what I was looking at

The thing is that the change between quality bikes over £700 is that if you are looking for better performance from a bike you need to be jumping up a bit more in price to get a better frame and groupset.

The thing is that the change between quality bikes over £700 is that if you are looking for better performance from a bike you need to be jumping up a bit more in price to get a better frame and groupset.

Agree. I’ve found that sub a grand you can get a nice quality bike from a reputable manufacturer but it starts getting really expensive to get the higher end bits. To be fair to the bike makers it’s the same for cars or owt else. Really fancy upgrading to a swish road bike but can’t justify or afford it right now. Some of the ex display / prior year stuff seems to have massive discounts like.

I have the crosstrail, solid well made bikes.
Good for commuting etc, I got it off Gumtree cheap so decision was made for me.
Took me three months to pick my road bike, so much bloody choice!

anyone (else) use a Lezyne Super Pro GPS ?

having hells teeth trying to get the route navigation to work

create the route in Lezyne GPSroot - fine, Lezyne Ally app on the phone picks it up all fine, fails to transfer to the Super Pro

I've found Lezyne gear very hit and miss.

The last set of lights were utter rubbish

Got a cyclocross atm and looking to make the change. Seen a lovely bianchi but the reviews I’ve read says the brakes are pap

Disk brakes

That’s my bike was thinking about putting road tyres on it

Son has just bought the Bianchi Infinito XE - he says the brakes are the best he’s had by a long shot

Agree. I’ve found that sub a grand you can get a nice quality bike from a reputable manufacturer but it starts getting really expensive to get the higher end bits. To be fair to the bike makers it’s the same for cars or owt else. Really fancy upgrading to a swish road bike but can’t justify or afford it right now. Some of the ex display / prior year stuff seems to have massive discounts like.

I’ve been toying about getting a new bike as I want to put some miles in a bike. I run every day but don’t particularly like it and I want a few hours rather than a 30 minute run. I’m missing the gym where I cycled and did spin classes 4 times a week. Don’t see that coming back for a good few months. I’m fortunate that I’ve saved the last couple of months and have some overtime due this month and have my eye on a bike but it’s just over £2k and I’m wavering on spending that kind of money. It may work out a really good investment for my fitness but I struggle with the cold weather as I have problems with circulation that mean that it takes a long tike to recover my core tempreture. That being said my October I’ll not be able to stay out too long

I’ve been toying about getting a new bike as I want to put some miles in a bike. I run every day but don’t particularly like it and I want a few hours rather than a 30 minute run. I’m missing the gym where I cycled and did spin classes 4 times a week. Don’t see that coming back for a good few months. I’m fortunate that I’ve saved the last couple of months and have some overtime due this month and have my eye on a bike but it’s just over £2k and I’m wavering on spending that kind of money. It may work out a really good investment for my fitness but I struggle with the cold weather as I have problems with circulation that mean that it takes a long tike to recover my core tempreture. That being said my October I’ll not be able to stay out too long
2k will get you an amazing bike.

You can go out for hours on the bike. Fills in a lot of the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back