Butlins, Skegness

Status
Not open for further replies.

I won a dance competition down there back in the 80's and got the semi finals in Llandudno which I also won. I came second in the Grand Final at Brighton. Just saying like.:)

Booked up in September with kids, hope your right. Any tips for things to do or avoid?
I only went for a few days mate but I struck lucky as they upgraded me to gold accommodation free of charge so I would say make sure you go gold.

There's a restaurant on site called Firehouse that has excellent customer service. 2 of my daughters have acute allergies so the chef came out and discussed what he would make for them that wasn't on the menu and they charged us for standard kids meals. The pool is great and outside they have a load of fountains that operate for 20 minutes every hour where the kids go and play in them if the weather is good. The funfair is free and canny. For evening entertainment go to 'Reds' which is behind the main entertainment dome.....it's way better than the entertainment room in the dome and that's where the redcoats entertainment is

I only went for a few days mate but I struck lucky as they upgraded me to gold accommodation free of charge so I would say make sure you go gold.

There's a restaurant on site called Firehouse that has excellent customer service. 2 of my daughters have acute allergies so the chef came out and discussed what he would make for them that wasn't on the menu and they charged us for standard kids meals. The pool is great and outside they have a load of fountains that operate for 20 minutes every hour where the kids go and play in them if the weather is good. The funfair is free and canny. For evening entertainment go to 'Reds' which is behind the main entertainment dome.....it's way better than the entertainment room in the dome and that's where the redcoats entertainment is

Sounds good, cheers for the heads up. Pretty sure we've booked gold, one of my conditions for agreeing to it was staying in the best accommodation we could get.

Went when I was a bairn and main memories are how basic and minging the accommodation was.

My sister worked down Skegness as a dancer a few years back. Went down to visit a few times, great for the kids. One of the adult only weekends could probably be canny too.

Seems like a class place to work for a season if you're a young'un.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back