Butlins, Skegness

Went there last summer with the little one. He loved it. Shit loads to do he loved the pool. However he has suffered with a couple of verrucas since spending each morning in the pool !!!!

@bernardbresslaw is going as well

Booked months ago mate, is it starting on the Thursday now?

Champion!

Aye, we're opening up on the thursday, got The Twang, Sunshine Underground on and Mike Joyce DJing. Should be canny.

Will be good for those wanting to get down and beat queues checking in etc...

Keep your eyes out for the SAFC stuff ill be getting in the venue !

Always a toon top and it always on 'one of those families'

Certainly was the case when I was there. Pointed them out as wronguns, then the next day they were all in their toon uniforms. I'll give him some credit though, the top must have been new as there was no pie stain (yet).

Anyone been recently?

Going tomorrow for half term for a few days. Haven't a clue what to expect to be honest :lol: not costing a lot really and reckon my 4yo daughter will enjoy the entertainment and the fair etc.

Anyone been recently?

Going tomorrow for half term for a few days. Haven't a clue what to expect to be honest :lol: not costing a lot really and reckon my 4yo daughter will enjoy the entertainment and the fair etc.

Middle of September for a 90’s weekender

Don’t suppose you’ll be looking for mdma etc

Anyone been recently?

Was there earlier this month for the Alternative Music Festival,so not too many there under the age of about 40 really...The Pool is definitely worth a visit though,and the on site chippy is more than decent..If you're going for a drink before or after seeing any entertainment..Then I'd recommend either going to the Jellyfish Bar or any of the other bars outside of the main venues as they're all far superior..Skegness itself is not a bad little seaside town,and they usually have shows and stuff going on for young kids..Going the other way you can easily walk along the sea front to nearby Ingoldmells which has it's own fair,and Market which is an absolute Scratter Paradise..Has to be seen to be believed..We've been down there four years running for the festival,and we've always been well looked after..Really good site imo.

Anyone been recently?

Went 2 years ago. My son (7 at the time) loved it. Big queues for all the shows so if you see one you fancy make sure you get there in plenty of time. Pool was good, again big queues for the slides. Hopefully your neighbours will be ok as the sound proofing between the accommodation isn't the best, oh and the window in our bedroom obviously had a gap and when the wind picked up it made an awful racket. Not that big a deal as the place had 3 bedrooms so just slept in a different one.

Cheers lads. I don't have massively high expectations, as long as the accomodation is clean enough and the bairn is kept entertained I'll be happy enough.

We initially planned on going to Budapest for a few days and leaving my daughter with one of our parents... But the mrs is pregnant again now so drinking and spas would have been no good, so Butlins was a last minute replacement :lol:

Anyone been recently?

Went in September for 5 days, just after the schools were all back though, so a lot quieter. Our 3 year old absolutely loved it. So much for the little ones to do. The free fairground is spot on for them, there’s soft play areas, pantomimes on through the day. The swimming pool is really good. We had to pay for the ten pin bowling and the circus but didn’t cost much. I’d highly recommend paying for the food. You get your breakfast and evening meal. The food was spot on. All buffet style so you can as much as you want. It will save you plenty of cash. We made sure we had a big breakfast then just something small for lunch. A tip for the evening if you’ve got little ones, don’t head to the main stage area in the big tent, it’s not really suitable for them, head to ‘reds’. So much better for them, with plenty of arcades to keep them happy aswell. We made the mistake of going to the main stage area the first 3 nights. We would definitely go back, as it’s perfect for kids. And if they are happy then I’m happy!

Went in September for 5 days, just after the schools were all back though, so a lot quieter. Our 3 year old absolutely loved it. So much for the little ones to do. The free fairground is spot on for them, there’s soft play areas, pantomimes on through the day. The swimming pool is really good. We had to pay for the ten pin bowling and the circus but didn’t cost much. I’d highly recommend paying for the food. You get your breakfast and evening meal. The food was spot on. All buffet style so you can as much as you want. It will save you plenty of cash. We made sure we had a big breakfast then just something small for lunch. A tip for the evening if you’ve got little ones, don’t head to the main stage area in the big tent, it’s not really suitable for them, head to ‘reds’. So much better for them, with plenty of arcades to keep them happy aswell. We made the mistake of going to the main stage area the first 3 nights. We would definitely go back, as it’s perfect for kids. And if they are happy then I’m happy!

Spot on, thanks mate.

Yeah we have paid for the premium food which I think is what you must have had as well. The choice looks decent on the website.

Back