Bury FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe new owners should have to pay a deposit to the football league before they take over a club. Something like £10m. Then if the club do hit hard times the FL can step in a run the club with the deposit money until a new owner can be found.
That’d require the current owners to vote for it and their clubs would immediately become a lot more difficult to sell. Which is why they won’t vote for it.

On breakfast this morning saying man City and Utd will lend them their promising youngsters so might have a much better team ! How does that work other teams paying wages of bury players ??

On breakfast this morning saying man City and Utd will lend them their promising youngsters so might have a much better team ! How does that work other teams paying wages of bury players ??
Fairly common with loans, certainly for part of the wages

I am sure I read he still has not completed the checks. Not really sure how he was able to buy the club
The EFL didn't look into it as closely as they would have, as Bury were going bust. No excuse but thats what happened

Last edited:
CEO of efl was adamant on five live yesterday, that whilst it was before her tenure ALL checks were carried out correctly.
I got that information from an article in the Sun yesterday. It sounded plausible when you see his track record.

Well either the CEO of the EFL iS lying or the Sun is, take your pick but I know who’s more likely to be correct

Gone 10 o’clock and no announcement from EFL, have to assume they are taking this latest bid seriously and therefore there is some hope for Bury fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back