Burger Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
been meaning to go for a while. i'm sure they sometimes have acoustic nights in there too. its a burger restaurant, not sure why people are surprised to be seeing photographs of massive burgers. fat hippo in newcastle make a great trade from exactly the same thing. or is it just because its in sunderland that people want to criticise it. £20 per head for a proper burger, chips, and a couple of pints, is very reasonable.

it could be 50p and people in sunderland would still say 'eee i wouldn't pay 50p for that'
There was a fat hippo in Sunderland for a while as well at the bonded warehouse but I didn't get the chance to go. I do like the one at Durham.

A decent burger and a few pints are an ideal afternoon out for me these days.

There was a fat hippo in Sunderland for a while as well at the bonded warehouse but I didn't get the chance to go. I do like the one at Durham.

A decent burger and a few pints are an ideal afternoon out for me these days.

im sure it still is fat hippo that do the food there. they used to only do it once a month, then it was a couple of days, now theyre in there all the time. the foods so good though but the place just isnt advertised. its really annoying. when it opened their strategy was not to advertise but rely on word of mouth!

Burger is the best place in Sunderland and the best burgers I have ever tasted. I remember tasting a fiveguys after getting used to burger and just could not believe how bad fiveguys or anywhere else is in comparison.
That looks better.

Looks interesting this place. Hopefully it's still up and running by the time I'm next in that neck of the woods.
It will be up and running, business is booming there because it is absolute top quality! Each bite of your burger tastes different, many different tastes going on compared to the standard chain places or the other burger places in north east.

Last edited:
Presentation-wise looks the stuff of 80s diners in a Stallone arm wrestling flick and doesn't attest much to the double cheeseborga when sweetcorn fritter is a quid more. Still, I'd probably put away three, just to make sure.

Minted fries, now what.

im sure it still is fat hippo that do the food there. they used to only do it once a month, then it was a couple of days, now theyre in there all the time. the foods so good though but the place just isnt advertised. its really annoying. when it opened their strategy was not to advertise but rely on word of mouth!

Fat Hippo closed months ago they announced It on Facebook.

Gonna give this a try as church Lane has seemingly went down hill the last couple of times we've been. Uncooked greasy chips and the last time the burger was too dry. Burgers need to be juicy

My mate accidentally ended up at the kitchen when he was looking for the toilet in this place, doors were left open and he said it was absolutely disgusting the stage of the kitchen and general cleanliness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back