Bruce Springsteen

Must say I'd never really listened to him besides the main hits (before my time), this thread inspired me to drink a crate of IPA and listen to a few albums, including the Live 75-78 album... I now understand why my father in law loves him.

If you like the 75-85 live album you should consider buying some of the shows he has in his archive series on springsteen.net. Complete shows from just abouy every tour he has done up to 2016.

Wrecking Ball's a decent album I think, and the only one I revisit other than the excellent Magic. I thought Working on a Dream and High Hopes were pretty naff to be honest - a sign perhaps that his filter is failing.

I didn't like that Western Stars at all...not for me. Fair play he wanted to give it a go but I think it was a miscalculation.

The Professor Roy Bittan and the Mighty Max Weinberg are all over Bat Out of Hell anarl.
I love Magic - Devils Arcade is one of my favourite Bruce songs.

Blue collar manof the people but is called THE BOSS.
He should be called the Temp

Last edited by a moderator:
That clips from 2016, sadly Bruce’ confidence was misplaced

He’s been unusually quiet in the run up to this election
It seems amazing now that that was only 4 years ago, but at the time it was still quite unthinkable that he could actually be elected and it did take a lot of America by surprise.
I'm hopeful "Song for Orphans" will be truer to how he played it in Trenton back in 2005.

It's like My Back Pages meets No Surrender.

Last edited:

What I love about social media these days is that you get to some idiots out themselves.

First response I noted on that " Bruce! I was your biggest fan but now so disappointed you didn’t stick to your music only.... time to hang it up and apply for your social security "

Yep, his BIGGEST FAN, yet its bypassed him that Bruce music has always been quite political. Probably still believes that BITUSA is a big fist clenching love in about everything that makes America great!!

What I love about social media these days is that you get to some idiots out themselves.

First response I noted on that " Bruce! I was your biggest fan but now so disappointed you didn’t stick to your music only.... time to hang it up and apply for your social security "

Yep, his BIGGEST FAN, yet its bypassed him that Bruce music has always been quite political. Probably still believes that BITUSA is a big fist clenching love in about everything that makes America great!!
I was looking at past election results this morning - scary how well Raygun did.

Sometimes I wonder what these type of people must have been listening to over the years though. Springsteens 'fans', Dylan 'fans', Neil Young 'fans', and they come out with garbage like that man. :lol:

Last edited:
Probably the two albums it's hard to be critical of.

It took me ages to work out what it was about Darkness that I wasn't keen on. I bought it pre CD and obviously played side 1 then side 2. It works better as an album, IMHO, with side 1 second. It sounds extremely harsh to say, but Badlands is such a euphoric song, it sets a standard that would be almost impossible to keep up. It sits better in the middle and the other songs don't suffer by comparison. The Promised Land is a cracking album opener. If an albums perceived weakness is only the ordering of the songs, then I realise this sounds a trivial complaint.

BTR...never liked 'Night'. The rest is pretty much near perfect.

its my favourite song on the album :lol:

I was looking at past election results this morning - scary how well Raygun did.

Sometimes I wonder what these type of people must have been listening to over the years though. Springsteens 'fans', Dylan 'fans', Neil Young 'fans', and they come out with garbage like that man. :lol:

Think they the type of people who say they don't "do" politics and then complain when they have to wait months to see a consultant

Back