Bruce Springsteen

I was looking at past election results this morning - scary how well Raygun did.

Sometimes I wonder what these type of people must have been listening to over the years though. Springsteens 'fans', Dylan 'fans', Neil Young 'fans', and they come out with garbage like that man. :lol:

End of the day I don't always expect people to necessarily understand what the lyrics of a song are actually about. Music grabs people's attention and if they like it that is often enough.
But its just funny to see people bigging themselves up as super fans on Social Media platforms with these type of posts which actually show them up as barely even a casual fan!!

End of the day I don't always expect people to necessarily understand what the lyrics of a song are actually about. Music grabs people's attention and if they like it that is often enough.
But its just funny to see people bigging themselves up as super fans on Social Media platforms with these type of posts which actually show them up as barely even a casual fan!!
Aye, true. To be fair like, I can imagine Springsteen's brand of heartland, street racing, factory workin', baseball hittin', dark dancin' rock would appeal to quite a chunk of conservative America.

What I love about social media these days is that you get to some idiots out themselves.

First response I noted on that " Bruce! I was your biggest fan but now so disappointed you didn’t stick to your music only.... time to hang it up and apply for your social security "

Yep, his BIGGEST FAN, yet its bypassed him that Bruce music has always been quite political. Probably still believes that BITUSA is a big fist clenching love in about everything that makes America great!!
There’s been a good series on sky arts recently called ‘soundtracks: songs that defined history’. There’s a Vietnam episode with a big piece on BITUSA. Still amazes me that people don’t get what that song is about. Some people must listen to a song yet never hear a lyric :confused:

Somebody put this up on the Friday night music thread and it’s superb. Easily the best Bruce cover I’ve heard. I never knew Sam Fender had covered this classic but boy does he do it justice.

I don't think Sam Fender adds anything to the song; I don't find it objectionable, it just seems a bit pointless.

(SF is quite big in our house, I spent a while tracking down a picture disc of his album - which I was then treated to for a while at a fair volume. I've heard much worse).

Somebody put this up on the Friday night music thread and it’s superb. Easily the best Bruce cover I’ve heard. I never knew Sam Fender had covered this classic but boy does he do it justice.

Nice. Love to hear cover versions where the artist puts their own arrangement on it rather than just sing the original.

Nice. Love to hear cover versions where the artist puts their own arrangement on it rather than just sing the original.
I'm not sure he's arranged it any differently - the structure's exactly the same. He's just shifted the capo and given the guitar a bit of a Jeff Buckley feel.

Back