Bring out the BBQ

Whole. It was brushed with with harissa then put on the bbq for an hour or so at 140-160c.
I put a cauliflower on the Weber last weekend, covered it in mustard & black pepper, wrapped it in foil, & cooked it for 1 hr 30, the last 1/2 hr out of the foil,….tasted good, 👍, would never have thought of putting a cauliflower on, so cheers for that….👍

Got a pork shoulder on overnight, got to wrap it at 70c which I bet ends up being at 2 o’clock or something daft!
70c ended up being half 3 in the morning, bloody typical! Pork ended up taking 18 hours to cook but it was worth the way, incredible.

Last edited:

Ended up doing a pasta bake on the egg last night, it was far too hot to be in the kitchen!
I'm glad you're egg looks as black as mine. See loads of people's photos and it looks brand new

Some great recipes on here, serious foodies!

I've nearly finished building a little bbq shack which should make it easier to bbq all year round, but with the mess it makes it far more awkward to at get the bbq on at the moment.

Went fairly basic tonight, couple of rib eyes & some pre marinated chicken wings from the butchers.

Pizza tonight, dough portion was too big so made a right mess of the first one, couldn’t get it off the peel so threw it on the floor in a strop! :lol: Second one came out well but the crust was stupidly thick.

Need to do a batch of chicken tikka tomorrow but finally ditched the gas and bought a Weber kettle so first cook on it.

Seems to be a difference of opinion online between cooking tikka over direct heat or indirect then just searing/finishing for a few minutes over direct.

I prefer my tikka made from thigh but family prefer breast so that’s what it will be. Tempted to go with indirect and reverse searing but open to persuasion if people think just cooking over direct heat is better as it’s marinated breast meat.

Need to do a batch of chicken tikka tomorrow but finally ditched the gas and bought a Weber kettle so first cook on it.

Seems to be a difference of opinion online between cooking tikka over direct heat or indirect then just searing/finishing for a few minutes over direct.

I prefer my tikka made from thigh but family prefer breast so that’s what it will be. Tempted to go with indirect and reverse searing but open to persuasion if people think just cooking over direct heat is better as it’s marinated breast meat.
Probably a bit late but if you want a nice char on the chicken I’d go indirect to about 60-65c and then over hot direct to char the outside. With breast it’ll be dry as sticks by the time the middle is cooked otherwise I reckon.

Probably a bit late but if you want a nice char on the chicken I’d go indirect to about 60-65c and then over hot direct to char the outside. With breast it’ll be dry as sticks by the time the middle is cooked otherwise I reckon.
Cheers mate, that's exactly what I did, turned out brilliant. Years since I had charcoal and it brings home just what you're missing with gas. Will be a learning curve again but delighted with that for a first cook on the Weber.

Back