Bring out the BBQ

Even with a thin crust you should have a puffed up rim around the edge.

I always do, seafood on a bbq is the bollocks. I roasted a cauliflower on the bbq last time we had people round as well.

Is that on a clay tile?
How did you do the cauliflower, cut it up, or put it on whole ?

Beef short rib cooked today, was aiming for 180 but temp got away with me a bit. Got them wrapped at just over 80c and pulled them at 93c so fingers crossed. Pit beans bubbling away nicely to go along side the beef.

Getting first gas bbq delivered soon. Never needed any gas bottles before. Its a 6 burner. Wheres the best place to get a bottle, what size is best, where do you refill and how much is it usually? Not a clue about gas like

Getting first gas bbq delivered soon. Never needed any gas bottles before. Its a 6 burner. Wheres the best place to get a bottle, what size is best, where do you refill and how much is it usually? Not a clue about gas like

Shortage on the canisters so might struggle to get one

Go to buyproducts on hylton road. Get a red gas bottle and a regulator for it.

I needed a new cleaning brush and seen a pumice stone on Amazon, it’s absolutely brilliant for cleaning a grid/grate, far better than anything I’ve used before.

Was going to ask if anyone has any good cleaning tips as always a chore. Will check this out. Anything else anyone? I have seen wd40 mentioned.

Chicken going on tonight, marinading in a mix of cayenne, a chicken rub, lime juice and oil.
Will keep it simple and serve with rice and broccoli.

will update with pics

Was going to ask if anyone has any good cleaning tips as always a chore. Will check this out. Anything else anyone? I have seen wd40 mentioned.
All I do with mine is clean it with a wire brush after I’ve used it, then leave it on the high heat for about five minutes the next time I cook on it, job done……., wouldn’t put WD 40 anywhere near anything I was cooking on.

Was planning on some low’n’slow beef short ribs in the pellet smoker for the match tomorrow night and, typically, it’s decided to rain all day. Guess I’m going to have to try setting up the gazebo thingy for a bit of cover.

Back