Bring out the BBQ

Was going to ask if anyone has any good cleaning tips as always a chore. Will check this out. Anything else anyone? I have seen wd40 mentioned.
Bought a wire brush and some grill cleaner.mine is a cast iron grill but the warmer is just stainless
The brush is similar to this

They key is to do it while the grill is still warm(not hot). A spray bottle with plain old water would do but it takes longer. Once its cold it gets a coat of oil to help protect it and the whol thinhg has a BBQ cover

Gonna start posting my tea on instagram if anyone is interested. :D

Who side of salmon from Latimers tonight, lovely.

Shoulder of lamb today, lovely!

Last edited:
Away for the weekend so brought my portable bbq with us. Only cooked burgers and sausages from the shop but it’s miles better than the bbqs they sell here.

Cooking on the Weber kettle for the first time later. Doing cabbage in a chilli garlic butter, burnt aubergine with egg yolk and tahini dressing, beyond sausages and some chicken wings in spiced pomegranate molasses for me :)

Cooking on the Weber kettle for the first time later. Doing cabbage in a chilli garlic butter, burnt aubergine with egg yolk and tahini dressing, beyond sausages and some chicken wings in spiced pomegranate molasses for me :)
Sounds lovely that 👍…..,gonna fire up the Weber later on & stick a Pork joint on.

Doing a few dishes tonight: baked sweet potatoes with almond tahini and smoked almonds, elotes (grilled corn cobs with a cheesy/creamy/garlicky sauce) - thanks to @OOOSH YEAH for sharing these last year, some veggie sausages, Middle Eastern spiced lamb chops. Might chuck some tenderstem broccoli on too.

Doing a few dishes tonight: baked sweet potatoes with almond tahini and smoked almonds, elotes (grilled corn cobs with a cheesy/creamy/garlicky sauce) - thanks to @OOOSH YEAH for sharing these last year, some veggie sausages, Middle Eastern spiced lamb chops. Might chuck some tenderstem broccoli on too.
Have you made them before? I’m actually having them tomorrow as well.

Back