Brighthouse = Shitehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our boy's ex got him a PlayStation there years ago. She wasn't working so he knew it'd end up coming from his pay packet one way or another. He'd have been better off just buying one himself. :lol:

This man, nobody tells them though, the ill informed buggers that buy from these places.

I wish, surely someone like Argos could do a deal with the government.

I suspect that they are aware, they just want the latest new thing that they couldnt otherwise afford upfront.

I suspect that they are aware, they just want the latest new thing that they couldnt otherwise afford upfront.

Save for a year for a new telly or get it instantly and pay over five years but pay four times as much. Many choose the more expensive option

Hate Brighthouse me. How it’s stayed open in Durham’s new development is baffling. Get rid of them.
I'd ban them if I had my way.

I can understand the side of Brighthouse here, it’s a risk giving credit to high risk debtors, so prices and interest rates are appropriate.

Nobody is forced to buy anything if they can’t afford it, and although these companies are being classed as vultures, they’re simply offering goods and giving people in certain financial situations a choice.

Responsibility falls firmly on the customer.

I can understand the side of Brighthouse here, it’s a risk giving credit to high risk debtors, so prices and interest rates are appropriate.

Nobody is forced to buy anything if they can’t afford it, and although these companies are being classed as vultures, they’re simply offering goods and giving people in certain financial situations a choice.

Responsibility falls firmly on the customer.

But we live in a materialistic society and those who use Brighthouse do so as they have not the financial means to buy outright our get favourable credit.
The problems is (not always the case admittedly) that those who are in this position don’t always know how to sustainability budget.

I’d like to see stats of Brighthouse customers are also users of Wonga and the like. This further exasperates their financial situation.

But we live in a materialistic society and those who use Brighthouse do so as they have not the financial means to buy outright our get favourable credit.
The problems is (not always the case admittedly) that those who are in this position don’t always know how to sustainability budget.

I’d like to see stats of Brighthouse customers are also users of Wonga and the like. This further exasperates their financial situation.
So as a society we need to take responsibility, the likes of Wonga etc exist only to satisfy a need from us to get the big TV’s, fancy phones etc.

It’s our fault people need to bust themselves financially to keep up with the Jones’

Prey on the vulnerable.

We should never allow the capitalists to exploit the good people of the UK like this.

I can understand the prices are based on the risk. The risk exists in part because of their pricing.

There must be an alternative lending method e.g. being able to draw down direct from their giro if they need a big ticket item. The draw down happens the minute the money hits their account so the risk is massively reduced.

It’ll never happen though.
Credit unions.

So as a society we need to take responsibility, the likes of Wonga etc exist only to satisfy a need from us to get the big TV’s, fancy phones etc.

It’s our fault people need to bust themselves financially to keep up with the Jones’

I understand what you are saying but it’s a free market and where there is a (perceived) need, there is a market.
Money lenders have existed as long as prostitution.

I completely agree that the industry needs regulation, but maybe people also need education?

What do you and I know though as we both work and can afford to buy things or save up until we can.

Just seen an advert on telly for brighthouse advertising a shit phone at 17 quid A WEEK.

They seemed very proud of the fact their advert had NO SMALL PRINT and they charge 99 per cent APR for something most phone shops do for free.

I think we should have a whip round to get someone to stand outside their shop giving free financial advice.
Will be the next wonga. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Reactions: PTR
Just seen an advert on telly for brighthouse advertising a shit phone at 17 quid A WEEK.

They seemed very proud of the fact their advert had NO SMALL PRINT and they charge 99 per cent APR for something most phone shops do for free.

I think we should have a whip round to get someone to stand outside their shop giving free financial advice.
The Brighthouse in Durham is currently housed in the corner of the pound shop.

So the money lenders are financing the purchase bubble then? Sounds like it's the people suffering for capital to me Shut the money supply, buy less shit, produce less shit and let's all get on with wanting less and doing more including getting off our arse, phone and telly.

The people who use Brighthouse aren't usually capable of saving up so if they want something quite expensive, such as a large TV etc then they will end up at Brighthouse. Brighthouse deserve to have defaulters as that's who they actively target.
Why don’t we educate folk who aren’t capable of saving that they can get credit from other sources such as a credit union?

Why don’t we educate folk who aren’t capable of saving that they can get credit from other sources such as a credit union?

Because if they aren't capable of saving then they'll have no chance of a loan from a credit union.

Do you own your own house mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back