Brighthouse = Shitehouse

They're basically loan sharks under the guise of something else, most car dealers are going down this route, it's not about buying the product, it's about getting the punter to buy on the Chucky:confused:

This is simply not true, if they can pay Brighthouse £xx per week then they are capable of saving that money until they have the cash to buy it, unfortunately a lot of people don't want to wait to save up, they want it now, if there's one things I've taught my kids I hope it's to save up
The mindset to save is different to that of borrowing on tick.

What do you consider to be the core market for Brighthouse then? As said, I can only go off the experience I have.

I think the core market is peole on low incomes and benefits.

They give these groups the opportunity (at rip off apr) to have premium products.

The prices are stupid. But I dont believe everyone on low incomes or benefits is either forced to go with them or not smart enough to read the T&C's.

When you and I were skint we didnt?

I think the core market is peole on low incomes and benefits.

They give these groups the opportunity (at rip off apr) to have premium products.

The prices are stupid. But I dont believe everyone on low incomes or benefits is either forced to go with them or not smart enough to read the T&C's.

When you and I were skint we didnt?

I’m in full agreement. My first post in this thread suggested that the very same people who use these companies haven’t necessarily been taught how to effectively budget. It’s a sad state of affairs and a downward spiral for some.

This man, nobody tells them though, the ill informed buggers that buy from these places.

I wish, surely someone like Argos could do a deal with the government.
I think in a lot of cases it's more like they don't care. They now that they can't pay when they buy the stuff but still go ahead.

You know there's a rabbit away when anything is advertised at £xx per week rather than the actual price, I enquired about a used car I was interested in just last week, it was advertised at a certain price which was actually very good, they informed me they wouldn't take cash for it & it had to be bought on finance:lol: unbelievable

I’m in full agreement. My first post in this thread suggested that the very same people who use these companies haven’t necessarily been taught how to effectively budget. It’s a sad state of affairs and a downward spiral for some.

I'd agree with your first post,mine was in response to the idea it's forced on people when really it's not always the case.

The stat from the ceo someone posted was very interesting

I'd agree with your first post,mine was in response to the idea it's forced on people when really it's not always the case.

The stat from the ceo someone posted was very interesting

I don’t think it’s forced on people. I do believe that these companies offer the romanticism that anything is affordable and those who can’t afford it are allowed to believe they can. The market is created by those selling.

How do you stop a young couple with nowt buying a big telly and Xbox on tick as they have fuck all else to spend their time on and someone offers them it for a price they perceive they can afford?

I don’t think it’s forced on people. I do believe that these companies offer the romanticism that anything is affordable and those who can’t afford it are allowed to believe they can. The market is created by those selling.

How do you stop a young couple with nowt buying a big telly and Xbox on tick as they have fuck all else to spend their time on and someone offers them it for a price they perceive they can afford?
Spot on, it's wanting something now v actually doing some simple maths in your head and realising what you're actually paying

That's a tough one, how do we as a society make a dint in the "anyone can get any product at any time" mentality?

Years ago they used to teach "life skills"in school.....

Years ago I wandered into the Sunderland store not realising what it was. The prices were f***ing extortionate and I feel desperately sorry for anyone who is forced to buy from them.
Nobody is forced to buy. That's the issue. I have a TV which is as redundant as a cock on a dodo. Its a choice. Bright House exploit people who don't know better because our education system hadn't taught it correctly

You know there's a rabbit away when anything is advertised at £xx per week rather than the actual price, I enquired about a used car I was interested in just last week, it was advertised at a certain price which was actually very good, they informed me they wouldn't take cash for it & it had to be bought on finance:lol: unbelievable

Surely illegal to do such tactics.

Back