Brian Clough

Watched the actual interview with him and Revie and as far as what they put in the film re that scene it was a million miles away, iirc there was a lot of criticism about large portions of the movie being not true to life.
Agreed. Didn't like the movie. Not realistic. I think it was filmed at Chesterfield's ground. Bremener resumed a cartoon character The CGI scenery was unrealistic. Give me This Sporting Life in grainy monochrome anytime.

Not many chairmen/money men could have handled him least the the ego's at the FA, he needed full control. ..

His ego and nous where only big enough for him in the room..

Did they? Thought he resigned to take the Hartlepool job.
Yes ! He finished at SAFC end of April 65 starting at Hartlepool in October . In Jonathan Wilson book Brian Clough it tells of who put him in charge of the youth team and the reaction of the Directors.

I've always said we've been Brighton more than Derby or forest

Was a flop at Brighton, read about once about his time there, and it sounded like he was hardly there, only on matchdays type of thing. When he left Taylor did okay on his own at Brighton, laying the foundations for a decent Brighton team that not long after would reach Division 1.

Back