Bread Products World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazey said:
this is a poor show by Pie like, I was looking forward to finding out the next group. I really am that bored.

Is it desperately sad that I just counted the votes to see who topped the group? I loathe myself.

Pebbles said:
Is it desperately sad that I just counted the votes to see who topped the group? I loathe myself.

Yes, but what was the result? I noticed a few late votes for brioche, which is all wrong.

Hazey said:
Yes, but what was the result? I noticed a few late votes for brioche, which is all wrong.

Tactical voting I reckon to ensure a lot of inferior bread products progress to the KO stages to give naan bread an easier ride. Big money is being wagered in Singapore on the outcome I heard.

Hazey said:

Steak hasn't voted himself but I don't know if he's impartial. From the replies here Tea Cake was the runaway winner with Focaccia in 2nd (but Bloomer only a couple of points behind).

Pebbles said:
Steak hasn't voted himself but I don't know if he's impartial. From the replies here Tea Cake was the runaway winner with Focaccia in 2nd (but Bloomer only a couple of points behind).

Gerrin!

lofty said:
Boooo I can't stand tea cake, blinking cinnamon flavoured bread products my arse.

Ooh, scandal. I love cinnamon flavoured bread products, especially that cinnamon swirl bread that Asda do. Except for that I can't eat bread of any description as it hurts. :-(

Pebbles said:
Ooh, scandal. I love cinnamon flavoured bread products, especially that cinnamon swirl bread that Asda do. Except for that I can't eat bread of any description as it hurts. :-(

I love tea cakes but detest cinnamon in all other forms and uses.
do you have some kind of bread allergy thing like (is that gluton with bread? I forget)

Georgey Squaat Pants said:
can i still vote in group b??

1. focaccia
2. bloomer.

I'm afraid the deadline has passed, so no (especially when you have dull old bloomer in second)

Pebbles said:

Oh dear - is it wheat intolerance? I can't imagine that I love bread.

Cinnamon is however the devil's work.

lofty said:
Oh dear - is it wheat intolerance? I can't imagine that I love bread.

Cinnamon is however the devil's work.

I thought it was a wheat thing but I can eat just about everything else and be fine but not bread. It's not yeast either as I'm fine with beer and lager. I'm probably having a reaction to a random E number but I can't be arsed to find out which one.

Hazey said:
I love tea cakes but detest cinnamon in all other forms and uses.
do you have some kind of bread allergy thing like (is that gluton with bread? I forget)

I'm afraid the deadline has passed, so no (especially when you have dull old bloomer in second)

garn run up a shutter, its class when its still warm and yoou make massive bacon sarnies out of it.

My mate used to run a cafe on N Shields fish quay. He once got all flustered when two old women came in, asked what he had and he said 'cake, scones and toasted tea cocks.....er, I mean, toasted tea cocks'.

You had to be there really.

Lexingtongue said:
it is like.

big red, one of the greatest chewing gums ever.

I love cinnamon in most of it's forms and thus was very excited about the cinnamon flavour Options that came out last year (the low fat hot chocolate). One sip and I spewed. Sadly I was at work at the time. Even sadder I'd bought hundreds of the buggers as they said "Limited Edition" on them. Even then smell makes me sick now. I can still eat every other cinnamon flavoured thing on the market though - have you tried the Winter Warmer Tic Tacs? They're gorgeous.

Georgey Squaat Pants said:
garn run up a shutter, its class when its still warm and yoou make massive bacon sarnies out of it.

Yer right, like. Bloomer is one of the kings of the white bread world. I miss it. :-(

Posadageordie said:
My mate used to run a cafe on N Shields fish quay. He once got all flustered when two old women came in, asked what he had and he said 'cake, scones and toasted tea cocks.....er, I mean, toasted tea cocks'.

You had to be there really.

For some reason this has made me giggle uncontrollably.

Right, computer problems at FiBPa HQ means I didn't even get to vote myself. BT Wireless Broadband has now been dropped as an official sponsor of The Bread Products World Cup.....

The results are in, Tea Cake tops the group with Focaccia 2nd, both progress to the knockouts. The good old English Bloomer falls at the group stages. A sign of things to come....?

Group C

Wholemeal
Ciabatta
White Sliced
Tigar Bread

Votes by 3.00pm tomorrow.....

Last edited:
1st Wholemeal, cos its nimble.

2nd White Sliced, plucky showing by the Aussies but the Sliceroos lack the width to progress much further

3rd Tigar bread surprising showing by the newcomers, one to watch out for in the future.

4th Ciabatta, poor performance, second only to French Stick in the long bread game but although popular in the 80s has since fell out of favour, a foretaste of problems to come for French stick? As Clough said if God meant us to eat long bread he'd put grass in the clouds, he was quite drunk at the time like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back