Bread Products World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steak Pie said:
Ok, I bow to your knowledge. Some kind of minging dried fruit.....

I've never been that good at telling the difference but fortunately I like them all. My mother, however doesn't like sultanas but does currants and raisins and my gran only likes sultanas and not the other two. I honestly don't know why they can be bothered to have an opinion.

Right, the results are in, Groiup A winners were Garlic Bread, runners up, Naan. Both will progress to the knockout stages.

Group B

Focaccia
Bloomer
Tea Cake
Brioche

Votes by 3pm tomorrow.

Steak Pie said:
Right, the results are in, Groiup A winners were Garlic Bread, runners up, Naan. Both will progress to the knockout stages.

Group B

Focaccia
Bloomer
Tea Cake
Brioche

Votes by 3pm tomorrow.

tea cake and focaccia. Brioche trounced in every match, the bread-product saudi arabia

1.Teacake
2. Bloomer

Bloomer, stodgy and unexciting but gets the job done and is always there or thereabouts, the Germany of the bread world.

Steak Pie said:
In that order? It's very important. ;)

1. Tea Cake
2. Bloomer

oh yes, in that order, tea cake topping the group, no contest. went through each game with the swagger of a tournament contender

Naan 1st
Garlic 2nd

tough group that one...

1. Tea Cake
2. Foccacia

never heard of most in that group...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hazey said:
oh yes, in that order, tea cake topping the group, no contest. went through each game with the swagger of a tournament contender

My thoughts exactly, in fact a good each way bet for the whole thing I reckon. Depending on the form of the tournaments outstanding team, the stottie.

Steak Pie said:
Busy busy, didn't get a chance to put them up today......

The draw was done last night by a rather bemused Mrs Pie, Group A as follows......

Naan
Garlic Bread
Scotch Bread
Milk Loaf

Please vote for your group winners and runners up, we'll award 2 points for your group winners, 1 for your runners up, all points added up and the top two will qualify for the knockout stages.

One vote each, closing at 3.00pm tomorrow......

I'd have thought the poor woman would be used to it by now ...

Lexingtongue said:
Naan 1st
Garlic 2nd

tough group that one...

Ahem, voting on Group A has closed. And seeing as Garlic Bread won the group by a single point, you've missed a big chance there. How silly do you feel? Eh? Eh?

Steak Pie said:
My thoughts exactly, in fact a good each way bet for the whole thing I reckon. Depending on the form of the tournaments outstanding team, the stottie.

Plus the stottie has home advantage. Worth a goal start IMHO.

burge said:
I'd have thought the poor woman would be used to it by now ...

:-D :-D Well yes, but the look she gave me on Sunday night.

"Right dear, on each of these bits of paper is the name of a type of bread, would you be so kind.......

Is this anything to do with that f*^%ing message board?"

Steak Pie said:

it is undoubtably a good shout for the tournament, I'm expecting a top 3 finish from the tea cake. I'm not so sure the stottie will perform. Once an old favourite but now finds itself pitched against some outstanding emerging foreign breads, like an aging long-ball team being outplayed by continental flair that it has no answer to.

Hazey said:
it is undoubtably a good shout for the tournament, I'm expecting a top 3 finish from the tea cake. I'm not so sure the stottie will perform. Once an old favourite but now finds itself pitched against some outstanding emerging foreign breads, like an aging long-ball team being outplayed by continental flair that it has no answer to.

Yeah but these fancy Dan foreign breads are very lightweight not designed for the long haul. Be honest would you rather be in the trenches with a croissant or a ham and pease-pudding Stotty.

Steak Pie said:

Are any of the bread products seeded ? I think we should be told... ;)

(Apologies if that joke's been used previously in this thread but I couldn't be arsed to read through the lot to find out...)

Little waster said:
Yeah but these fancy Dan foreign breads are very lightweight not designed for the long haul. Be honest would you rather be in the trenches with a croissant or a ham and pease-pudding Stotty.

Ahh but, outdated fitness methods, bit stodgy. Could fall to a newer, fresher bread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back