Bread Products World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak Pie said:
:-D :-D Well yes, but the look she gave me on Sunday night.

"Right dear, on each of these bits of paper is the name of a type of bread, would you be so kind.......

Is this anything to do with that f*^%ing message board?"

I was guessing that the scene may have resembled something like that :lol:

For Group B it's:

1. Foccacia
2. Tea Cake

LineMonkey said:
Are any of the bread products seeded ? I think we should be told... ;)

(Apologies if that joke's been used previously in this thread but I couldn't be arsed to read through the lot to find out...)

Yes it has. And Seseme Seed Buns made the finals, Group D, along with pre tournament favourite, the stottie.

Little waster said:
Yeah but these fancy Dan foreign breads are very lightweight not designed for the long haul. Be honest would you rather be in the trenches with a croissant or a ham and pease-pudding Stotty.

true, but refereeing has changed, the old ways are on their way out, with their blood and thunder tactics, they favour the delicate silky skills of your olive and sun dried tomato ciabatta these days. you've only got to look at how many foreign breads ply their trade in england now to realise that the public bread perception is changing

Missed Group A (getting my work out of the way for the week)

gutted by the result
Naan was robbed - if only I'd got my vote in It would have made all the difference

For Group B it's:

1. Tea Cake
2. Foccacia

Need to pay more attention!

naan was indeed robbed. our combined votes could have made them run away group winners. we are idiots.

Lexingtongue said:
naan was indeed robbed. our combined votes could have made them run away group winners. we are idiots.

Yes, yes you are. Could ultimately lead to the Naan getting a much harder draw in round 2. We shall see.

I'll put the Groups up one at a time, every day at 3.00pm and you'll have 24 hours to vote. Except on Fridays where you'll have until 3.00pm Monday......

Steak Pie said:
Yes, yes you are. Could ultimately lead to the Naan getting a much harder draw in round 2. We shall see.

I'll put the Groups up one at a time, every day at 3.00pm and you'll have 24 hours to vote. Except on Fridays where you'll have until 3.00pm Monday......

I wish I had your job :lol:

Steak Pie said:
Right, the results are in, Groiup A winners were Garlic Bread, runners up, Naan. Both will progress to the knockout stages.

Group B

Focaccia
Bloomer
Tea Cake
Brioche

Votes by 3pm tomorrow.

1st Bloomer
2nd Brioche

1 Focaccia
2 Bloomer

I assume unleavened didn`t rise to the occasion to qualify for the tournament

Last edited:
Hilton said:
keep up the good work Big Lad
I haven't laughed so much at a thread since the "trapped in the lav while a work mate cracks on off" story :lol:

Much like Eurovision, it's you, the fans, who vote in their 000's (err ten's), that make it what it is.

;)

1. Brioche
2. Bloomer

Well brioche seem to be the whipping boys but shocks do happen - much nicer than tea cake anyhow, I guess it just sounds a little too foreign for most?

skybluecheat said:
1. Brioche
2. Bloomer

Well brioche seem to be the whipping boys but shocks do happen - much nicer than tea cake anyhow, I guess it just sounds a little too foreign for most?

it's like chewing on a f***ing sponge man! brioche is woeful all across the park - texture, taste, satisfaction. It belongs on a £4.99 'bread bloopers' DVD presented by danny baker.

Hazey said:
it's like chewing on a f***ing sponge man! brioche is woeful all across the park - texture, taste, satisfaction. It belongs on a £4.99 'bread bloopers' DVD presented by danny baker.

Bdum tish! :lol:

this is a poor show by Pie like, I was looking forward to finding out the next group. I really am that bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back