Bread Products World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

1. Wholemeal - healthy is good these days

2. Ciabatta - But it's got to be a Panini to perform, v. good with cheese (and there's a pretty obvious world cup link there)

skybluecheat said:
1. Wholemeal - healthy is good these days

2. Ciabatta - But it's got to be a Panini to perform, v. good with cheese (and there's a pretty obvious world cup link there)

what is the difference between a ciabatta and a panini? I was convinced they were seperate entity but someone I know disagreed.

I like your voting action, I'll have:-
1.) Wholemeal - as above, healthy and that
2.) Ciabatta - lovely

(don't know what tiger bread is, if I'm honest)

1. White Sliced
2. Ciabatta

White Sliced - The best butties ever made (bacon, sausage and egg) are made on white sliced, the king of Sunday mornings. Ciabatta - Lovely warmed up melty cheese goodness.

Wholemeal - Rubbish, falls apart, no good for buttie nor soup, if you need to have healthy bread have granery or summat. Tigar Bread - Not 100% sure of its purpose.

Steak Pie said:
1. White Sliced
2. Ciabatta

White Sliced - The best butties ever made (bacon, sausage and egg) are made on white sliced, the king of Sunday mornings. Ciabatta - Lovely warmed up melty cheese goodness.

Wholemeal - Rubbish, falls apart, no good for buttie nor soup, if you need to have healthy bread have granery or summat. Tigar Bread - Not 100% sure of its purpose.

ah, I've just realised my error. I didn't realise there was a granary team and just assumed brown bread was being represented by wholemeal. Is it too late to amend my choice and replace wholemeal with white sliced?

Hazey said:
ah, I've just realised my error. I didn't realise there was a granary team and just assumed brown bread was being represented by wholemeal. Is it too late to amend my choice and replace wholemeal with white sliced?

You've got till 3.00pm to change sir.

Granary is in Group F, it'll need some help anarl, tough group.

Steak Pie said:
You've got till 3.00pm to change sir.

Granary is in Group F, it'll need some help anarl, tough group.

In that case
1) Ciabatta
2) White sliced

Hazey said:
what is the difference between a ciabatta and a panini? I was convinced they were seperate entity but someone I know disagreed.

I like your voting action, I'll have:-
1.) Wholemeal - as above, healthy and that
2.) Ciabatta - lovely

(don't know what tiger bread is, if I'm honest)

Tiger bread is beautiful. I think it's made with rice flour and has a sesame oil crust that's really thick and chewy and perfect for soup. I absolutely love it and it was actually the last bread I ate.

1) White sliced
2) Wholemeal

One for the traditional long ball merchants but nobody is upset with that.

1st. White Sliced - where would bacon and egg butties be without it?
2nd. Ciabatta - Mmm sunblushed tomato, buffalo mozzarella and basil in the sunshine with a glass of cold orvieto (dry of course)

1. Tiger bread
2. white sliced

have to agree with tiger bread being a very good bread but maybe at a disadvantage as I think it may be limited to the asda continent and this style of play doesnt seem to be working on the global stage.

Right then, the votes are in....

1st Ciabatta 13pts
2nd White Sliced 11pts
3rd Wholemeal 7pts
4th Tigar Bread 5pts

Ciabatta and White Sliced progress........

Group D

Seseme Seed Buns
Roti Chani (Malaysian flat bread)
Stottie
Croissant

by 3.00pm tomorrow.

Is it sad that I was waiting for this???

1st Stottie (of course!) - the physicality of the northeasterners will be too much for the Malaysians
2nd Croissant - a surprising return to form for the often flaky (geddit) French team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back