Boycott the 17 clubs

In the last 5 years we’ve, sold central defenders, Marc Roberts, Angus MacDonald, and Ethan Pinnock for a combined total somewhere around the £7M mark, we bought all 3 from non league clubs, developed them into better players sold them and reinvested, had we still been loaning in players on mass, that’s £7M we wouldn’t have had.

Brentford another excellent example.

Can’t disagree. Equally loaning players in then signing them as they get regular game time benefits everyone. It’s about the right blend.
Have to say Swindon haven’t released a real Young home grown gem in years.
Our academy gets raided before we see them in the first team, mind you we put substantial sell on clauses on the asset.
Derby have one sensation of ours that could land us a few million and he is being linked to some big clubs. One lad is showing decent progression in pre season and I can see him breaking into a few first team games soon. But these are kids and their bodies still need developing.

In league one kids run rings round the old cloggers, you need to get them thrown in.

This. I know thousands of supporters love an away day and I know why. But it shouldn’t be forgotten that these clubs they’ll be giving money to are the same ones that just shafted us. We would be paying them for the privilege.

I can assure you if you started winning, were top of the league and we were back to some normality with this virus you would be clambering for away tickets.
Always love seeing a packed CG as the atmosphere is superb.

Can’t be arsed to boycott anywhere other than the stadium of light with that wanker Stewart Donald running us. At least now the salaries can match his non league attitude and strategy here

But Accrington won't spend more than they can bring in.
They won Division Two on an annual budget of £900k. Andy Holt / The club are not blessed with money and this is a great example of a club that even with the salary cap will be nowhere near the max, or will clubs like Swindon.
We have been running at break even for a fair few seasons. We simply haven’t got a pot to piss in.

It's the equivalent of putting a cap on them of about £100k a year. You've proven my point by saying Swindon and Accrington won't be anywhere near the cap, therefore the only clubs impacted are those like us, who are capable of spending a lot more whilst being sustainable.

We are gonna be profitable in L1 once this cap has been in for a year or so, where's the motivation for our owners to win promotion?

7-0 up at halftime in our first friendly this afternoon.
Playing Man Utd under 23’s Tuesday and 3 more games next week.
Fitness is absolutely vital to the way we play. Just makes me realise how much I miss going.
So who exactly are the 17 clubs who voted for? Rochdale is one

I wouldn’t be surprised if our owner voted for it.
Running our club on a shoestring. Strange that we can get 13k in for a league game though and that would only be 4th behind Sunderland, Pompey and Ipswich......

Last edited:
A salary cap would be more beneficial in the two leagues above.

This all day. There was talk of it during the height of the lockdown but surprise surprise once they got back playing it’s all gone quiet.

I’ve never been so disillusioned with football. How many titles are Juventus and Bayern going to have to win in a row before a levelling of the playing field (financially) at the top of the game is sought?
Loaning in players is killing football clubs, you’ll never amount to anything doing so, you have no assets, and loanees get in the way of developing your own players, we’ve fell into this trap ourselves in the past, but thankfully now it is a thing of the past.
Buying players, developing them into better players and selling them, is the only way forward for clubs like ours.

This was a massive handicap for us in the Premier League. More often than not the players we’d had on loan ended up being key for us. I remember in 2013/14 Ki, Borini and Marcos Alonso were all vital players for us. End of the season they go back to their parent clubs and immediately we are short of 3 quality players and there’s absolutely no upside for us in terms of receiving a transfer fee etc...

A lot of the time you end up paying a bloody loan fee, all of the players wages, block a pathway to the first team for your young players whilst at the same time adding value to the loaned player that benefits his parent club when they eventually come to flog him.

Last edited:
Probably. But i dont agree with putting money into the pockets of the same twats that are effectively hamstringing us.

speaking of twats, in the last few years, I’ve had to swap from BetVic to BetFair for online gambling, from Levi’s to Timberland for Jeans, from nivia for men products to boots own shite, and now I can’t buy anything from Nike, because I point blank refuse to contribute to them bin dipping rat eating bastards in anyway shape or form if at all possible.

speaking of twats, in the last few years, I’ve had to swap from BetVic to BetFair for online gambling, from Levi’s to Timberland for Jeans, from nivia for men products to boots own shite, and now I can’t buy anything from Nike, because I point blank refuse to contribute to them bin dipping rat eating bastards in anyway shape or form if at all possible.
Sooner or later, however much it might hurt we have to stick to principles.

Back