Boycott the 17 clubs

This.

We had a huge advantage over all the clubs down and we messed it up. When you point your finger at someone to blame remember there's 3 pointing back.

Maybe now, we can build a club on solid foundation rather than sand. Maybe now we can seriously invest in our academy, recruitment, scouting, transfer strategy and have some kind of blueprint going forward!
This 100% in an ideal world. if we were ran by the right people...some of the foundations would have been there, loosing players and staff.
We messed it up.

It's a poor strategy but blaming small clubs is ridiculous. If we can't create a competitive advantage down here without overspending then we need to look at our own clubs and their mismanagement.
Very true. Two years of spending over the top on wages and no promotion. All the players should be on lower wages with a big propmotion bonus, This is the way it should be. For some reason we pay bigger wages but the players don't seem to perform, they must get their money too easily.
I wish this would happen but it won’t
With the virus thing going on there will be no away supporters anyway. No sign of this changing any time soon.

Last edited:
Loaning in players is killing football clubs, you’ll never amount to anything doing so, you have no assets, and loanees get in the way of developing your own players, we’ve fell into this trap ourselves in the past, but thankfully now it is a thing of the past.
Buying players, developing them into better players and selling them, is the only way forward for clubs like ours.

Just been reading that Brighton & Hove have turned down £22M from Leeds for a player Leeds have developed and turned into an asset for Brighton & Hove, if it wasn’t for Leeds he’d be worth Thirppence, and he’d be nowhere near first team premier league football still, as he wasn’t this time last year, hence him being loaned to a championship team, I had to chuckle when I read it.

I’ve said for over a year now that we need to be more nasty as a club. Despite the fact I go to the away games, I’d be in favour of a boycott of the 17. A lot of clubs cash in when we come to town and frankly they can fuck off.

One of the very few, if not only positive in playing in this league has been chalking off new grounds and us having more supporters in the ground than the home sides.

Having said that, I'm with you on not giving money to the club’s who have voted in this ridiculous ruling along with voting to curtail the seaon.

If they can't afford to play in empty stadiums or pay their players fuck them (we have indeed been far to accommodating over the years) just to be screwed over by these clubs and the woeful EFL.

7-0 up at halftime in our first friendly this afternoon.
Playing Man Utd under 23’s Tuesday and 3 more games next week.
Fitness is absolutely vital to the way we play. Just makes me realise how much I miss going.

I wouldn’t be surprised if our owner voted for it.
Running our club on a shoestring. Strange that we can get 13k in for a league game though and that would only be 4th behind Sunderland, Pompey and Ipswich......
You're playing friendlies now? We normally wait until a couple of weeks before the start of the season and then play 2 or 3. That way they're up to full fitness by Christmas

Just to amend something slightly. Plymouth voted against the cap.

Believe the ‘noes’ were us, you, Ipswich, Oxford, Plymouth, Charlton and Hull.

Wigan abstained due to being in admin.

MK Dons were the club who flipped at the last minute and in essence are the reason why it passed.

It would be cracking if our fans collectively stood together (along with Pompey, Ipswich, Charlton and Oxford fans) and boycotted these clubs. They don't care about us (in fairness why should they), but we help add to their coffers and in return they're happy to vote against us at every turn. Let's show some fan power and take a strong stance.

Last edited:
It would be cracking if our fans collectively stood together (along with Pompey, Ipswich, Charlton and Oxford fans) and boycotted these clubs. They don't care about us (in fairness why should they), but we help add to their coffers and in return they're happy to vote against us at every turn. Let's show some fan power and take a strong stance.
Agreed. Why should we boost their budget when they have limited us to using a fraction of ours.

Peterboro chairman just been on Sky Sports News saying how good it is and how much it was needed.
That's because the Peterborough chairman is happy being a perennial League 1 club. That there is a club with zero ambition. Every year they flirt with the idea of promotion and then fall away, because deep down they know they don't really want it.

I've always defended the sanctity of "the 92" but a lot of these tin pot shit hole clubs can crash and burn for all I care now.

Last edited:
Totally agree on this. Only attend away games to the ones who voted against it

I agree with this. I’ve already spoken to my old uni mate in Portsmouth - I might miss Ipswich cos it’s a weird place to get to but I’ll also do the Oxford and Charlton away games. The rest can jump.

Back