Boycott the 17 clubs

I’ve said for over a year now that we need to be more nasty as a club. Despite the fact I go to the away games, I’d be in favour of a boycott of the 17. A lot of clubs cash in when we come to town and frankly they can fuck off.
A list of the 17 would be nice unless I missed it on another thread.

It would be cracking if our fans collectively stood together (along with Pompey, Ipswich, Charlton and Oxford fans) and boycotted these clubs. They don't care about us (in fairness why should they), but we help add to their coffers and in return they're happy to vote against us at every turn. Let's show some fan power and take a strong stance.

This. They need us more than we need them. Hopefully Pompey and Oxford fans do the same and their guaranteed full away ends three times a season will be gone.

So for avoidance of doubt the 16 who voted for it are:

- Accrington
- AFC Wimbledon
- Blackpool
- Bristol Rovers
- Burton (with a CEO who was canvassing for votes whilst sitting on the EFL board)
- Crewe
- Doncaster
- Fleetwood (see Burton but to a lesser extent)
- Gillingham
- Lincoln
- MK Dons (who turned last minute)
- Northampton
- Peterborough (bizarre)
- Rochdale
- Shrewsbury
- Swindon

With Wigan abstaining due to administration making the 17.

I have slight sympathy with Wigan for that, because they’d have likely voted against had they not been in admin, and their abstention actually didn’t affect anything as we’d have still needed another team to have got it knocked back with or without that vote.

- Accrington
- AFC Wimbledon
- Blackpool
- Bristol Rovers
- Burton (with a CEO who was canvassing for votes whilst sitting on the EFL board)
- Crewe
- Doncaster
- Gillingham
- Lincoln
- Northampton
- Peterborough (bizarre)
- Rochdale
- Shrewsbury
- Swindon

I have slight sympathy with Wigan for that, because they’d have likely voted against had they not been in admin, and their abstention actually didn’t affect anything as we’d have still needed another team to have got it knocked back with or without that vote.
Some of these clubs will go bust or at least struggle in the covid/financial crisis.
When they come around with the begging bowl/petitions etc I hope everyone tells them to go fuck themselves

- Accrington
- AFC Wimbledon
- Blackpool
- Bristol Rovers
- Crewe
- Doncaster
- Gillingham
- Lincoln
- Northampton
- Peterborough (bizarre)
- Rochdale
- Shrewsbury
- Swindon

So you have us two, Oxford, Plymouth, Hull, Charlton, Ipswich who voted the other way then.

Can’t understand why some of the teams on the list have voted the way they did.

Would be brilliant if the clubs that voted against it did stick together and not a single fan went to the 16 clubs that voted for it. Would deny them literally hundreds of thousands in income. Unfortunately can't see it happening though.

- Accrington
- AFC Wimbledon
- Blackpool
- Bristol Rovers
- Crewe
- Doncaster
- Gillingham
- Lincoln
- Northampton
- Peterborough (bizarre)
- Rochdale
- Shrewsbury
- Swindon

MK Dons surprises me they have a stadium and location to move up the ladder...

Just been reading that Brighton & Hove have turned down £22M from Leeds for a player Leeds have developed and turned into an asset for Brighton & Hove, if it wasn’t for Leeds he’d be worth Thirppence, and he’d be nowhere near first team premier league football still, as he wasn’t this time last year, hence him being loaned to a championship team, I had to chuckle when I read it.
Spurs wanted Ben White before he joined Leeds on loan.

So, Blackpool who received sympathy from all and sundry for the way the Oyston's treated them voted to end the season, signed a boat load of players (early enough to avoid the cap) then voted for this. No doubt they also voted not to grant Bury additional time last year as well.

Just been reading that Brighton & Hove have turned down £22M from Leeds for a player Leeds have developed and turned into an asset for Brighton & Hove, if it wasn’t for Leeds he’d be worth Thirppence, and he’d be nowhere near first team premier league football still, as he wasn’t this time last year, hence him being loaned to a championship team, I had to chuckle when I read it.

Michael Flynn brought Ben White on loan to his League Two side Newport County for the 17/18 season.

During that year, the defender put in impressive performances, particularly in cup competitions, helping knock out Leeds United of the FA Cup and forcing a replay with Tottenham after a 1-1 draw at Wembley.

Flynn described White as "the best loan signing the club has ever made."

Back