Borthwick

Quite

this comment made me laugh

No thanks. He fucked off, we aren't a charity. Fuck him

Still don't regret saying that at the time.

The club were getting shit on from a great height by so many. It wasn't enjoyable watching it happening and sitting in early April -50 points or whatever it was.

Club were very loyal to Borthwick and have been very loyal to him again, I hope he can repay the club with some good performances which we know he's capable of.

:lol:

Honestly sounds crackers not wanting him back

my first thought was aye it seems crackers but let's face facts.

borthwick is a classy player, we all know that. he hasn't been succesful down there but they see him day in day out, they will know he has it, it jsut hasn't clicked yet. so they've tied him down further to a new deal, giving them and him security and showing they have faith in him.

wish we had been more proactive with our contract negotations, although obviously the massive differences between them and us financially make it much easier for them

this lad sounds like he nars the crack
I don't like the signing of kolpaks and journeyman, I have to be honest, I know we need some to ssteady the ship, but I wish we just get 1 quality overseas player and one quality batsman, rather than middling kolpaks

chris nash is leaving notts, not sure how much he has left in the tank at 37 but he's gotta be better than dickson surely

Last edited:
Lees and Bancroft are our openers, no space for Dickson (or Nash) ;)

We'll see.

One of the pieces about Borthwick returning said he had been an opener at Surrey, perhaps @TheRey can shed some light on that? Although might explain why his numbers were down

I suspect it was more likely bad reporting

We'll see.

One of the pieces about Borthwick returning said he had been an opener at Surrey, perhaps @TheRey can shed some light on that? Although might explain why his numbers were down

Think he either opened or batted 3.

Lees
Bancroft (hopefully)
Borthwick

I would certainly be happier with that top 3.

Last edited:
Naturally. It was kind of off topic, I wasn't suggesting badger to open, just remembered I'd seen some suggestion he has been
I think he has either opened the batting or batted 3 for them. I think he will bat 3 for us though.

I think he has either opened the batting or batted 3 for them. I think he will bat 3 for us though.

Same. Then depending on what happens with bancroft I think we could do worse than signing Nash, although I doubt we give up on Dickson. Fingers crossed he ups his game a bit next year

Same. Then depending on what happens with bancroft I think we could do worse than signing Nash, although I doubt we give up on Dickson. Fingers crossed he ups his game a bit next year

If Bancroft isn’t a goer, for whatever reason, I’d hope the club would look to bring in someone as like for like as they can - so an opener. For me that’s our greatest need.

If not, I’d take a world class spinner or a strike bowler.

Not asking much, I know :lol:

We'll see.

Nah, he opened a fair bit lately. With Rocky's shocking lack of form and Burnsy away with England, he's had to be bumped up the order. To be fair to him, he done OK
Pass. @TheRey?

I’d guess he’s a bigger part of their future plans than Borthwick mind.
Still under contract, still a big part of the squad, but the impression I get from Stewie/Vikram is that patience is running out

Last edited:
Nah, he opened a fair bit lately. With Rocky's shocking lack of form and Burnsy away with England, he's had to be bumped up the order. To be fair to him, he done OK

Still under contract, still a big part of the squad, but the impression I get from Stewie/Vikram is that patience is running out

funny in a way. out of the mass exodus of players who left - borthwick & stoneman who were two of the most consistent players in the country, 1000 runs per season every year for 3 or 4 years iirc, both struggled. coughlin struggled. jennings who was gash apart from one good season is the only one who has flourished

funny in a way. out of the mass exodus of players who left - borthwick & stoneman who were two of the most consistent players in the country, 1000 runs per season every year for 3 or 4 years iirc, both struggled. coughlin struggled. jennings who was gash apart from one good season is the only one who has flourished

Jennings was only an up and coming player at the time though, and he was clearly developing at us before he left, so no surprise he continued that. I'm surprised Rocky didn't kick on down there though. Coggers has always been reliant on his body holding up which didn't happen at Notts.

Jennings was only an up and coming player at the time though, and he was clearly developing at us before he left, so no surprise he continued that.

He was one season away from the scrap heap to be fair. Had half a season of good white ball after being more or less bombed out of the first class side. Then exploded back onto the scene the year before f***ing off is the way I remember it

He was one season away from the scrap heap to be fair. Had half a season of good white ball after being more or less bombed out of the first class side. Then exploded back onto the scene the year before f***ing off is the way I remember it

So was shit then went good, so was an improving young player.

Back