Borthwick return?

So after all the differing views about Coggers today which is similar to the threads on Rocky and Badger 12 months ago. Who would have Borthwick back if he decided it was not going to work out at Surrey.
I had no problem with him going and iam pleased Rocky has made it into the England side. But as I stated on the" Coggers leaving" thread Durham need to make a stand and make it clear that if you leave Durham fair enough but there is no coming back and Durham move on without them. I believe in the long run it will be better for the club when players know if they leave there is no return ticket when it does not work out.

It shouldn't be a case of 'making a stand' - if any sports team can get a player that will improve them, they should go for it. It's a no brainer for me, unless they're a bad egg (like Joey Barton for example). There are a lot of similarities between players leaving and being cheated on - certainly from a pain felt point of view, but it isn't the same in terms of taking an old flame back :lol:

I'd have Borthwick back, I reckon he regrets going. Playing for Surrey Second XI must be the lowest point of his career.

Not sure his pride will allow it like, but that aside, I doubt Surrey will let him go anyway.

So you're saying you wouldn't want a player that could improve our side, just because he felt he could better himself by leaving*, but now realises he made a mistake?

*I've disputed the reasoning since day one, of course, but playing devils advocate........

Tough shit. No player is bigger than the club. Borthwick decided to leave, let him get on with it and play 2ndXI cricket.

Are you really saying he wouldn't improve our side?

And you fucked your stat up

412 runs in 17 innings sorry, just checked on bbc sport.

either way I'm not arsed how many runs he's scored, i'm not arsed how many wickets he's taken, I wouldn't want him back. He left, fuck him. Rather the club gave someone committed a game, Borthwick is clearly not committed to Durham. Nobody is bigger than the club, don't care who they are.

Last edited:
Each to their own opinion

Been my son I would have encouraged him to try and improve himself if that's what he felt he was doing

Nothing wrong with admitting you made a mistake and going back

Back