Borini set for arrivederci

Status
Not open for further replies.

The worst thing about this knob is when he puts his mind to it he's a very good player. He'd run riot in the championship.
I don't know how many SMBrs can remember the Ncmenemy era but his squad had a complete change of character and attitude the following season after relegation and under Dennis Smith. The current lot remind me of them.

It's a shame that ES has virtually zero historical football knowledge as that thought may be enough to make him hold out for better prices and if they don't arrive then keep em. A good manager could get a few hundred percent more out of last seasons lot.
Pickford, Kone, Cattermole, Ndong, Borini and Watmore would be at least as good as anyone else playing in their positions next season in the championship......and there won't be many better at their job than Jones, Oviedo and Dijibooji and thats a good place to be starting from.

I don't know how many SMBrs can remember the Ncmenemy era but his squad had a complete change of character and attitude the following season after relegation and under Dennis Smith. The current lot remind me of them.

It's a shame that ES has virtually zero historical football knowledge as that thought may be enough to make him hold out for better prices and if they don't arrive then keep em. A good manager could get a few hundred percent more out of last seasons lot.
Pickford, Kone, Cattermole, Ndong, Borini and Watmore would be at least as good as anyone else playing in their positions next season in the championship......and there won't be many better at their job than Jones, Oviedo and Dijibooji and thats a good place to be starting from.

I can vaguely if you were there when we got beat off blackburn ( Bobby Saxton )

The euphoria was immense then turned quickly sour as as a pint of milk left out of the fridge

I can vaguely if you were there when we got beat off blackburn ( Bobby Saxton )

The euphoria was immense then turned quickly sour as as a pint of milk left out of the fridge

Was that the first game? Or was Pompey the first one?
Either way I was at the back of the Roker behind the goal near the exit for the first game. Drove up from London we did. A full Cortina of us ready to start the long march back to world domination. At half time there were lads asking the stewards to let them out! The crystal ball that one dropped as he left should've given the game away tbh.

If we signed him for £8m, I'm going to presume it's a 4 year deal & he's got 2 left? Should be not be wanting more? I know he's shite, but he's got a contract to buy out & since we've signed him everybody's price has been inflated. Look at Djilibodji at Chelsea. Anyhow, he's a f***ing twat & a shining example from the playing side of things why we got relegated this year.
Know what you mean. Italian international too.

Was that the first game? Or was Pompey the first one?
Either way I was at the back of the Roker behind the goal near the exit for the first game. Drove up from London we did. A full Cortina of us ready to start the long march back to world domination. At half time there were lads asking the stewards to let them out! The crystal ball that one dropped as he left should've given the game away tbh.

First home I was in clockstand seats

Rare for my me & me fatha the twat were for him I'd be anorak birdwatching twat

Stead of a million % mackem

It's the sort of deal where Bain really needs to lay down a marker that as a club we won't be selling players on the cheap.

Yes Borini has been dreadful this season but Poyet showed he could get so much more from him. Borini will never be as good as he seems to think he is but if a manager plays him in the right system and is able to re-motivate him he can still be an effective player.

Borini will be determined to leave but a return to any club outside the very top few in Italy would necessitate a pay cut. Let's see how motivated he is then.

Think it was his hope of returning to the Dippers as a first team player that got the most out of him.

I'm all for getting £6m for Borini, he's been utter shite and seems to sulk a lot. It can't be a derisory offer if we paid too much for him in the first place. But the burning question for me about this story and its been bugging me since I saw the headline. Why the fuck would the Italians have a word with "arrive" in it and mean the total opposite

Steady on there, not sure he'd run riot like.

No matter what this board thinks of borini, he was different class when he first came on loan. His attitude and desire was unreal. He's not arsed now and it shows massively. Waste of talent. Anyone who thinks he's shit is mental. If his attitude and desire was back then he's piss the championship

6m would get you one leg of a journeyman championship striker.

Unless there's a much more compelling deal on the table, keep him and watch him get 20 goals next season on a 40% wage cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back