Books that made you laugh out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Far Corner by Harry Pearson.

Excellent call! The description of the huge supporter at Roker Park with a voice like a cracked Chevy V8 exhaust manifold had me buckled.

The books that always make me really laugh are;

Diary of a Nobody by George Grossmith and Weedon Grossmith
and
Three Men in a Boat - by Jerome K. Jerome

Give them a try there is something about understated Victorian humour

I've read the first one three times and never tire of it. The "hero" is a pompous fool with nothing at all to be pompous about, but just cannot see it.

Amazed that nobody's mentioned "Bored Of The Rings"! A hilarious parody of "Lord Of The Rings". Written by the bloke/s who went on to create National Lampoon who made the film "Animal House2 etc.

This book gave me asthma, I'm sure.

Excellent call! The description of the huge supporter at Roker Park with a voice like a cracked Chevy V8 exhaust manifold had me buckled.

I've read the first one three times and never tire of it. The "hero" is a pompous fool with nothing at all to be pompous about, but just cannot see it.

Amazed that nobody's mentioned "Bored Of The Rings"! A hilarious parody of "Lord Of The Rings". Written by the bloke/s who went on to create National Lampoon who made the film "Animal House" etc.

This book gave me asthma, I'm sure.

Mind, you really need to have read "Lord Of The Rings" to fully appreciate it.

Last edited:
Dave Gorman "Are you Dave Gorman" there was one bit where he had lost his shoes and for some reason he was travelling around in clogs or something like that.

something tickled me about it and I had tears streaming down my face
I think there was another bit where he got a tattoo of his face on his arm because an American bar wouldn't let him in without ID.

Code of the Woosters - Wodehouse
Moon's a Balloon - David Niven (I need to read that again sometime)

Loads of books I find amusing very few where I literally lol.

Was that The Booker winner last year? I haven't seen it heap enough yet.

I remember reading the David Niven book years ago. I need to read that again too.

I agree with the Pratchett/Sharpe/Milligan people. I can't stand any science fiction stuff movies or books (except maybe Star Wars) but I love Pratchett.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back