Books that made you laugh out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Gland Time" by an Aussie writer who used to be a meat inspector. A few plots going on in the book but the main one is about a group of Aussie slaughterhouse workers who are trying to make a killing (no pun intended) on greyhound betting by dosing an unknown dog with pounds and pounds of lambs' adrenal glands to give it superdog performance. At the culmination of the dog's dietary treatment it is given a test run and the description of the dog's explosive exit and pace from the trap after the hare for the first time had me in stitches for ages :lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Conspiracy of Dunces and whatever Wodehouse stories I've got through (I always have a tradition to read them on Christmas Eve for some reason).

Another shout for Spike and the water in Kerrata

Howard Stern's private parts

A few london underworld non fiction books which are totally made up I will not name!

Tyrion Lannister PoV chapters from GoT

Amos Burton PoV chapters from book 5 of the expanse Nemesis Games

Are you kidding Mr Feynman

Apathy and other small victories by Paul Nielan.

Not sure it was ever published here but well worth getting imported from the US if not.

Lady Chatterley's Lover made me snigger quite a bit. First, when I found it in a cupboard when I was about 12 and read the dirty bits, and then years later when I was 'doing' D H Lawrence and found it quite ridiculously funny.

This for me, often dip back into them if I need cheering up.
His war memoirs were the first things that came to mind, must be 10 years since I've read them- think I'll start again when I have the time.
Another vote for Frank Skinner too.
Also The Far Corner by Harry Pearson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back