Books that made you laugh out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth Williams Diaries.
Alan Bennett's Diaries.

I read Peter Tinniswood when I was a teenager - probably the first books that made me laugh. The title 'I didn't know you cared' intrigued me. Uncle Mort is a legend.

What a lot of book threads recently!

Dave Gorman "Are you Dave Gorman" there was one bit where he had lost his shoes and for some reason he was travelling around in clogs or something like that.

something tickled me about it and I had tears streaming down my face

Schindler's Ark (note this post is purely to keep an SMB tradition going, I don't sit on buses and trains chortling away at this book).

The Two Towers when the rest of the lads rock up at Isengard to find Merry and Pippin filling their byuts with Saruman's bait and pipe weed. :lol:

And I'm not even joking.

It was, yes. It's bloody marvellous.

You can have my copy for nothing. I'll leave it in a secret location in Jesmond Dene Park.

No worries. It's on my list. I might get the bairn to get it for Christmas. Something to look forward to it. You are on the list for recommends as I really liked Hillbilly Elegy.

No worries. It's on my list. I might get the bairn to get it for Christmas. Something to look forward to it. You are on the list for recommends as I really liked Hillbilly Elegy.

Probably for the best as I was trying to lure you into a trap then parade you round Sunderland charging 5 quid to argue with the elusive Harry Angstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back